Luftwaffe und die Hawker Hunter

Diskutiere Luftwaffe und die Hawker Hunter im Bundeswehr Forum im Bereich Einsatz bei; I am researching the Belgian Air Force in the fifties. One of the aircrfat used was the Hwker Hunter. The Belgian contract involved 192 aircraft...

VALKEN56

Sportflieger
I am researching the Belgian Air Force in the fifties. One of the aircrfat used was the Hwker Hunter.
The Belgian contract involved 192 aircraft but seperate of this contract there was a contract of 112 Hunters. These 112 Hunters were financed by the US government and were intended to pre-finance the production of the national contract. Of these aircraft 48 were to be assemnled with Fokker and 64 assembled by Fairey and Sabca. There is quite a lot of discussion as to who was supposed to receive these aircraft. The rebuilt Luftwaffe was given as a source, but I never found any destination country on the documets concerning this buy. Furthermore I do consider the number of aircraft as strange since it would impose a country that has an RAF structure and not a USAF one. The RAF standard strength per squadron was 16 a/c and the USAF 25 a/c. 112 gives 7 squadrons of 16 a/c.
Is there anybody who has any information about a possible delivery of Hunters to the Luftwaffe?

Reinhard

There was no delivery of Hunters to the Luftwaffe.

VALKEN56

Sportflieger
I know but since the destination of the 112 Hunters poses a problem. I am just wondering if someone ever found a reference in any Luftwaffe publication. There are some publications amonsgt others the "German militairy Aviation" by Paul Jackson, and a book by the Belgian Gen Donnet ( who states that in discussions with Gen Kammhüber the generall told him he would refuse the Hunter) that both state the Luftwaffe was to receive these aircraft.

n/a

The Luftwaffe got aircraft from the MDAP-programm, initiated by the United States. These were American aircraft (F-84F) or even aircraft with American origin (Canadair Sabre Mk. V/VI). And for night/bad weather interception they got the Fiat-built F-86K Sabre with an radar above the intake.

When the Luftwaffe got the aircraft, they alread knew that these planes had to be replaced by more modern types. Luftwaffe (with it's chief, General Josef Kammhuber) founded an evaluation group, which had to decide between the Mirage III, the F11F-1F and the then-chosen F-104G Starfighter.

Three Luftwaffe pilots, Walter Krupinksi, Gerd Barkhorn and Herbert Wehnelt, were trained by the Royal Air Force and flew the Hawker Hunter but the Luftwaffe never wanted to buy these aircraft.

Please correct me, if my statement is wrong.

Thema:

Luftwaffe und die Hawker Hunter

Luftwaffe und die Hawker Hunter - Ähnliche Themen

• Die Douglas C-47D und C-53DO SKYTRAIN/DAKOTA bei der Bundesluftwaffe

Die Douglas C-47D und C-53DO SKYTRAIN/DAKOTA bei der Bundesluftwaffe: Beim Besuch der Flugwerft Oberschleissheim wurde meine Aufmerksamkeit auf die dort ausgestellte C-47D 14+01 der Bundesluftwaffe gelenkt. Am Boden...
  • Göring und die Luftwaffe

Göring und die Luftwaffe: Seit gestern am Kiosk: Militär & Geschichte Extra. Sehr informativ. Es lohnt sich.
  • F-84F und RF-84F im Dienst der Luftwaffe

F-84F und RF-84F im Dienst der Luftwaffe: Hallo, ich interessiere mich Zurzeit sehr für die F-84F und RF-84F im Dienst bei der Luftwaffe. Hatte jemand nähere Infos, Daten wann einzelne...
  • Grenzüberschreitender Trainingsraum für die Luftwaffe: Bundesrat genehmigt Vereinbarung zwischen der Schweiz und Italien

Grenzüberschreitender Trainingsraum für die Luftwaffe: Bundesrat genehmigt Vereinbarung zwischen der Schweiz und Italien: Grenzüberschreitender Trainingsraum für die Luftwaffe: Bundesrat genehmigt Vereinbarung zwischen der Schweiz und Italien Bern, 11.11.2020 - Der...
  • Ein weiteres Buch zur F-104: Claas Siano / Die Luftwaffe und der Starfighter

Ein weiteres Buch zur F-104: Claas Siano / Die Luftwaffe und der Starfighter: Hallo! Kennt schon jemand dieses Buch? https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/books/detail/-/art/claas-siano-die-luftwaffe-und-der-starfighter/hnum/3593110...