MIG-21MF REVELL 1/32 - Made in Brazil

Diskutiere MIG-21MF REVELL 1/32 - Made in Brazil im Jets ab 1/32 Forum im Bereich Bauberichte online; STAGE 04: "WINGS AND SCRIBBING" The wings of the MIG-21 version “MF” are slightly different of the wings of the previous models (MIG-21 F, PF...
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
STAGE 04: "WINGS AND SCRIBBING"

The wings of the MIG-21 version “MF” are slightly different of the wings of the previous models (MIG-21 F, PF, FL, PFM).
For the fact of this kit to inherit a form of previous versions (the wings present details of version PF), was necessary to correct some points to adjust to the correct version of this work.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
I started removing the actuator of the present flap in the inferior part of the wings. Its correct localization in version MF is in the center of the proper flap and not to its side (as it was in version PF).

Another also incorrect detail is the landing lighthouse/present inspection under of the wing. In the Kit the left wing only presents such detail that it is in incorrect position for version MF (in the real model the wings exist lighthouses in both).
I eliminated the old detail fulling it with putty and sandpapering, after it dries. Another salience in the same left wing exists that must equally be eliminated with putty.
Using the Walkarounds, I marked with a pencil the correct place where these lighthouses really must be presented.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
Internally, the drawing of the boxes of wheels of the wings of the MIG-21 Revell total have “walls” that, when we glue the halves of the wings, obstruct the correct appearance of the boxes of wheels, being unreal when compared with the photos of the internal details of the same ones.
I removed these “walls” cutting them with a stiletto and sandpapering the place. For a correct detailing, this must be executed before the halves of the wings are joined, therefore the boxes of wheels of this airplane possesss many visible details when in landing, not being just to leave this part without the due detailing with cylinders of O2, handles and hydraulical part (I will detail this stage more ahead).

In the photo, the wing of the right already this with the “walls” duly removed and sandpapered. It compares with the left wing, still waiting the modification.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
Ailerons and flaps are mounted, sandpapered and molded as the photos of the original.
As I intend to keep them mobile, I used small done piece axles of warm pins of sewing in the fire, stuck in the laterals of these surfaces of command. These parts are incased (without glue) enter the two halves of the wings in the uniz moment them.
The two halves of the wings receive a small cut done with stiletto, to form the setting place/performance of the axles (repeat: without glue).

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
This photo shows the surfaces of command duly prepared to act as really mobile surfaces.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
It notices the actuator of the flap duly removed and the sandpapered place of withdrawal already. A small notch in the aileron to create the hinge of performance of the same is necessary.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
Coming back to the inspection lighthouses of the wings, a time marked the correct places, I pierced manually both (one in each inferior half of the wing) using steel drills for electric wimble (wheted well).
The first drill must cross the inferior half of the wing and the second drill (of well bigger diameter) must only pierce a little to create a concavous aspect.
I glue on the inside, an aluminum plate piece and painted in the color “aluminum” the laterals of the punctures.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
This photo shows to the old place of the lighthouse of covered with putty and sandpapered landing/inspection already. The new lighthouse is to the side, in the correct dimension and its painted internal aluminum laterals. It notices as if it detaches the aluminum plate in the deep one of the lighthouse. Still we will have more details for this lighthouse (it sees more to the front).

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
This photo shows the detail of the left wing that must be covered with putty. In the phase of improvised Foto-Erthechs, we will have a more efficient detailing to enrich the model.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
Already it is hour glue the halves of the wings incasing in them the mobile parts (the command surfaces).
At this moment, I felt the necessity to effect a “scribing” in the model, therefore the result still was leaving to desire. This generates more work, therefore the recommended one for the scribing (more known “reverse speed-scribbing”) is that it must be made BEFORE if glue the parts of the model, but, as I decided to make this now… Patience! Hands the workmanship!

The scribing for this kit was made with the dry tip of a proper tool of watchmakers and with the aid of a malleable ruler. As all the kit already possesss the panels in high relief, then, it was enough to use them as guide, passing the dry tip with certain firmness, thus creating a “ridge” that the low relief in the part forms (later it is alone to sandpaper the old one and to give finishing).
With one three nights of work, I effected the improvised “Scribbing” in the wings and the ready fuselage already (always as base in the photos of the Walkarounds). Some rounded off cuts had needed certain dexterity and they will not be “100%”, but the result was well better that to leave the kit with those “high relief” original.
As the model of the airplane, I prefer to leave some points in high relief, therefore the real airplanes have differences between higher or low panels (the MIG-21 is a case of these). Here valley a tip: it does not trust drawings very.

No matter how hard they are facts well, them always they present information divergent, if comparative to the original model.
Photos of the real device are its better reference to prevent errors in the detailing of a kit.

A time glue the halves of the wings, its surfaces of command and effected the “Scribbing”, we can glue the details of the wings.

Test of setting of the wings in the fuselage.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
They now notice the lines in low located relief and flaps/ailerons (now we can locate them in any real angle).

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
The hangers, duly sandpapered, had been glue in its place.
Here valley one will detail important, but little observed in kits of this model. The first MIG-21 possuíam only one hanger for wing (most internal). This hanger originally does not possess tubing for extra tanks.
In the versions that if had followed, the device earned plus a hanger for wing, this endowed with internal tubing to carry tanks from extra fuel (therefore we see a configuration not very usual of tanks in the external hangers and missiles in the internal hangers).
HAL Indiana (manufacturer of the MIG-21 under license in Nasik) adopted for creating a small improvised and external mechanism, that made with that the internal hanger also passed to carry extra tanks. This and other improvements implemented for HAL Indiana in 1973 (version “M”) later had been adopted by the MIKOYAN, thus generating version “MF” of the MIG-21.
In the Walkarounds of this version, she is clear this modification, gift in the internal hanger (but not vi this detail nor in the kit Trumpeter of the MIG). I added to this detail piercing the place of the tubing with the aid of a small drill. A piece of pin of sewing with a small piece of sprue molded and aluminum plate duly confectioned had created the cited detail.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
Aggregate tubing to the internal hanger to take fuel of the extra tank up to one of the main tanks of the wings.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
In version MF, the tips of the wings they are endowed with sensors IFF (friend or foe identification) that they also function as unloading statical. I confectioned these details in the tips of the wings using a small aluminum plate and a small piece of line of Nylon with a drop of isocianoacrilato in the tip (to form the detail rounded off in the tip of the sensor).
The result was ok, well similar to the true one and with the advantage of being malleable (these details are injured to become victim of accident themselves during the manuscript of the kit).

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
In the kit Revell, the navigation lights of the wings are absent. Therefore, I molded both with putty in its local having. They will be painted later.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
The photos show the details of the left navigation light and the hinge of the right aileron. The light was confectioned in putty and the hinge in aluminum plate.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
It still did not finish. It lacks the finishing of detailing of the landing lighthouses, and general details of the improvised wings where I use “improvised Foto-Erthechs” in aluminum.

If to observe the wings of MIG-21 MF, will see some total absent plate details of inspection in the kit Revell. Using plates of aluminum and with the aid of the computer to calculate the size of these, I confectioned these points of inspection directly cutting them in the aluminum plate.
The parts (equal to Photo) receive rivets one by one done, in the verse of the same ones, with the aid of a tip tool.
Well laborious, but with satisfactory results, therefore the almost imperceptible high relief personalizes the kit in realism.
This improvised Foto-Erthechs is glue with isocianoacrilato, before the painting of the camouflage.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
It still did not finish. It lacks the finishing of detailing of the landing lighthouses, and general details of the improvised wings where I use “improvised Foto-Erthechs” in aluminum.

If to observe the wings of MIG-21 MF, will see some total absent plate details of inspection in the kit Revell. Using plates of aluminum and with the aid of the computer to calculate the size of these, I confectioned these points of inspection directly cutting them in the aluminum plate.
The parts (equal to Photo) receive rivets one by one done, in the verse of the same ones, with the aid of a tip tool.
Well laborious, but with satisfactory results, therefore the almost imperceptible high relief personalizes the kit in realism.
This improvised Foto-Erthechs is glue with isocianoacrilato, before the painting of the camouflage.
Superior vision of the wings, already with its improvised details of “improvised Foto-Erthechs” in aluminum.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thema:

MIG-21MF REVELL 1/32 - Made in Brazil

MIG-21MF REVELL 1/32 - Made in Brazil - Ähnliche Themen

• MiG-21MF eduard Splittertarnung

MiG-21MF eduard Splittertarnung: Auf der Basis des eduard-Bausatzes und der Decals von Sy@rt ist diese tschechische Maschine entstanden.
  • Anfrage MiG-21MF "660"

Anfrage MiG-21MF "660": moin zusammen, hat jemand Ahnung, wo dieses Bild entstanden ist? Kennt jemand diese "Strategen" Techniker auf einem Rollfeld mit Jagdflugzeugen...
  • MiG-21MF "681" in Preschen ... bereit zum Flug

MiG-21MF "681" in Preschen ... bereit zum Flug: Die Fotos von Cirrus 14.04.2002 aus dem Forum (Flugplatz Preschen in seiner aktiven Zeit) hatten es mir von Anfang an schon angetan, sodaß ich mir...
  • MiG-21MF Revell 1/32

MiG-21MF Revell 1/32: Ich zeige Euch Heute Bilder meiner ersten Revell 21 mit ausgefahrenem Fahrwerk. Die Bilder entstanden wieder auf dem Gelände des Flugplatz Welzow...
  • MiG-21MF Revell

MiG-21MF Revell: Hallo, liebe Modellbaugemeinde. Heute beginne ich mit einem Baubericht, für eine Revell MiG-21MF im Maßstab 1/32. Es gibt, glaube ich, keinen der...