MIG-21MF REVELL 1/32 - Made in Brazil

Diskutiere MIG-21MF REVELL 1/32 - Made in Brazil im Jets ab 1/32 Forum im Bereich Bauberichte online; They forgive, I do not know to say the German language well therefore I go to try to post in the English language… INTRODUCTION: Greetings...
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
They forgive, I do not know to say the German language well therefore I go to try to post in the English language…

INTRODUCTION:

Greetings to all!
They follow laborious, however the rewarding one, modification and assembly of a kit Revell scales 1:32 introduced in the market in years 70, using the technique that I baptized with the name of "Technique of alumínio". I wait that they like it work. I am without mounting to a good time therefore, I ask for the patience of vocês, case comet some it are.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
A LITTLE OF HISTORY:

The MIG-21 is one hunting of wing in projected delta in years 50, but that it turned a landmark in history military aviation. The produced spurt more in the world was the combat airplane, was the combatant most used for Egypt against the Israeli Kfir (its eastern rival in years 70) and still is present in some Air Force in the entire world. 1955 started to be developed in, to be come back toward interception and hunting, incorporating the teachings of the War of Korea. The first archetype made its inaugural flight in 14 of June of 1956. In 1959 it entered in service, after to receive improvements as, for example, more powerful reactors and aerodynamic improvements, making possible to operate better in very high speeds (it is a legitimate hunting MACH 2). It is distinguished for its wings in delta, but with horizontal surfaces of tail separate and enflechadas (an interesting combination that prevented some problems of the configuration in Delta as, for example: better maneuverability in air combat, lesser speed of approach, use of tracks not paved and shorter). Nicknamed for NATO “Fishbed J” version MF it incorporates improvements in the internal fuel capacity in relation to the version PF, turbine Tumansky R-13-300 with static push of up to 6.800 kg, change of radar R1-L " Spin Scan" for " Jay Bird" (with capacity to also illuminate targets and for nocturnal operation), ECM (electronic countermeasures) and RWR (Receiving of alert for radar) perfected. The total production, in all the variations exceeded the 20,000 units, operated for Air Force of 50 countries (height of years 70). The Indiana Air Force was one of the using greaters of this airplane after being used in the Go-Pakistani War with good results. This war testified the first supersonic air combat when a MiG-21 knocked down a F-104 Starfighter. The MiG-21 still remains actively-employed and exists programs of improvements in its avionics for equals it its current occidental rivals.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
THE KIT:

I by chance found a kit of 1994 of the Mig 21 MF (Revell 1:32: Croatian Serbian version/) for sale in a site of purchases " on-line". I did not resist and I acquired the kit of a store of the RIO DE JANEIRO. It was with the box without sealing wax (a little kneaded), but with still sealed up and unbroken the gratings (sprues). I did not have problems in the purchase for the Internet. When opening the box, we come across with the old form of that kit of the Mig 21 Revell 1:32 (Soviet Version painted in the red color) of 1979 (Somebody remembers). In 1994, the Revell kept partnership with "Estrela" toys; (here in Brazil) and there it are with the American MONOGRAM. In this version of kit, we notice clearly that sprue with the carenagens and canopy necessary was annexed one to change the old version (PFM if my memory serves me right) for "MF" (also these parts have a plastic of better quality, slightly different an gray color and some details in low relief of the form of the MONOGRAM). A difference of quality in parts MONOGRAM x Revell is noticed easily. You decay them are of Croatian the Serbian version/(pparently good) but I do not go to use them, therefore the objective of this assembly will be to create the Egyptian version of this airplane. Clearly that the kit is not a standard "Tamiya" or "Trumpeter" but it is not all plastimodelista that can (or this made use) spend almost 500 Reals to mount a kit scales 1:32 of this category. I do not say that the kit of the Trumpeter not valley this. I evaluated this kit in a store and it he is simply wonderful. Pparently it does not need modification some (until the tires they are of rubber), but challenge is challenge: to make a Revell of years 70 to be good is something that detaches its work - Without counting the Financial Economy! This kit of the MIG-21 Revell is composed of approximately 120 plastic parts in the gray color with few details in low relief ("high relief" he is characteristic of kits old as this). The transparent parts are relatively good and the present armament in this kit is composed only of the traditional GSh-23 cannon, two bombs FAB-250 (of 250 kg) and two missiles AA-2 ATOLL (also known as K-13 for the Soviets). All good "modest" for kits of the time. The brochure of instructions is well simple and the references for painting are reasonable. For who it likes to mount direct of the box, the gotten result will be reasonable, therefore I opted to the modification "expressive" of the kit.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
PREPARATION:

A time unpacked the parts, start the evaluation of what it will be made. I detached everything, verifying if it also lacked something and the quality them parts. For a 1994 kit it was good excessively. I believe that the partnership of the MONOGRAM with the Revell gave one " fôlego" of quality in the kit. My objective will be to use the kit Revell as base for an improvement, adding diverse details in aluminum, cutting here, substituting there, etc. The first step is spoon all necessary information of the airplane using specialized literature, magazines, and mainly the photos found in the Internet (the Walkarounds"). Valley everything to inquire itself thus on the airplane and, to be able to move (or to improve) in the model, what it will be necessary. Evaluating the parts, the rabbets were good, little thing to correct in terms of warping of the parts (grateful surprise for a kit Revell 1:32 of this time). The Egyptian version that I intend to mount is of the unknown squadron of "Red Demon's Head" that they had defended Egypt against Israel in the end of years 70. At this time, Egypt worked with dispersed squadrons and exists references to this aerial unit (look book: "ARAB MIG-19 AND MIG-21 UNITS IN COMBAT"). In this assembly the model will have the GSh-23 cannon, two missiles ATOLL AA-2-2 “Advanced Atoll” (the AA-2 is guided by the heat, the AA-2-2 is guided by radar), Soviet a central tank of 490 liters and two throwers of rockets UV-16-57 that will be gotten of the modification of two throwers of rockets SNEB of another kit 1:32 (This kit of the MIG-21 does not have this type of armament). One is about the standard for ground attack Egyptian (with armament supplied for the Soviet Union).

"TECHNIQUE OF the ALUMINUM":

Many plastimodelistas work with kits of detailing in resin, photo-etchs, plates of acetado, etc. Amongst the traditional techniques and not traditional, I work with aluminum of cans of beer. He functions? Yes, I have a kit 1:32 of converted MIRAGE 5 for the KFIR Israeli C7 where I used this technique and was very good. The aluminum is easy to cut, to sandpaper, to fold, to mold and to paint. E also is very pleasant of if getting! (It buys a dozen of cans of beer - of the mark that to prefer - consummates "with moderation" e later cut the empty cans getting aluminum plates that well fine and are adjusted for works in any scale). I obtain to make almost everything with them: photo-etchs, plates, parts, pipes, etc. the glue can be made with glues of the type "isocianoacrilato" or even though with "white glue". It is enough to have patience.

STAGE 01: "INITIAL MODIFICATIONS":

To cut a kit leaves any one " of hair in top". But already I got used. When I finish to cut, of that impression of that "he was bad" but the first impression is alone. Nothing that good putty, sandpaper and adaptation it does not decide.

The fuselage of the MIG-21 has four doors destined to the air bleed (for inside and for it are) helping in the feeding of the turbine. These entrances are closed in the kit and its opening with real positioning of the doors, improves the final quality of the model.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
I effected these cuts with the aid of a micron-drill and electric wimble, getting true "hole" in the part. Using aluminum plates, this "hole" it is molded for the real format of the part and the doors of these orifices also are confectioned in aluminum. They see, in the preliminary photos, results. In this part of the fuselage, the boxes of wheels of the main landing gear had been also cut (where the wheels are when collected), to simulate a more realistic effect how much to the depth, tubings and wires. The inclusion of details in these boxes of wheels to get more realism will be necessary.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
The wings and vertical empennage had also suffered to cuts separating the rudder, flaps and ailerons. Everything aiming at the positioning of the same ones in different angles for better realism.

IT CONTINUES IN THE NEXT STAGE…

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
STAGE 02: "INTERNAL PARTS OF the FUSELAGEM"

The kit presents the internal set of the composed fuselage for the module of the cabin of the pilot (I contend “main poor dwelling place”, central panel of instruments, seat ejector, “head-up display” and a back bulkhead for the cabin), the cone of shock and a bulkhead leaked for setting of the turbine.
When mounted, to the first sight, this set “makes look like” to be faithful, but it is alone to repair more than close and seeing that the result differs well from the cabin of a real MIG-21 MF.
In my evaluation, practically 80% of the parts of the cabin would have that to be remade or to suffer some modification.

Here the part most attractive of an assembly starts perhaps, for the majority of the plastimodelists: “the panel of instruments/details of cockpit”.
Cockpit of the MIG-21 is particularly very complex. For the fact of its project to be of years 50, many are the instruments made use in an ergonomics not very current, mixing counters of the decade of 50 with more modern counters, anachronistically distant.
Of any form, the joint panel of instruments, seat ejector and excessively details of the kit, well weak if are compared with a real cabin of MIG-21 MF.
In this in case that, I applied some modifications using to advantage some parts of the kit as base. I effected improvements with diverse materials: disassembled electric handles, cut aluminum sprues, straps (well fine), empty tablet esparadrapo, pins, cellophanes, etc.
It seems a dump? Yes, but after effected the finishing, these materials enrich in surplus its kit.

The lateral panels of the poor dwelling place of the pilot had been removed and its walls redesigned in aluminum plates.
I eliminated everything that was unreal in the part and incorporated the modifications glue everything with isocianoacrilato.
Using photos gotten in the Internet (Walkarounds), I had a base reasonable good to confection this part correctly.

Parts of the ready cabin/panel to receive the painting base. It notices that they are in “pure aluminum” only with some aggregate details.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
All “the lined” parts of the poor dwelling place of the pilot had been made using empty tablet cellophanes, duly cut in the appropriate size.
This material presents some types of textures, where some imitate the used lining in the cabin of this airplane.
The final result (duly painted) was very good.

“Poor dwelling place” of the cabin of the pilot already painted with the color base. The incorporated details give to a effect “high relief” that if detach in the appearance and benefit the final result.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
The behind part of this set deserves a special attention in the details. Handles and fuses of detonation of loads of the imprisoned seat exist ejector to the back bulkhead, whose part supplied for the kit does not present details and size correct if compared with the original.
Simply I discarded this part and I elaborated the back bulkhead in aluminum plate with details incorporated through the use of sprue, electric wire handles, aluminum straps, glue and much patience.
They compare the result in the photo.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
The seat Soviet ejector KM-1 (of the type “zero-zero”: height zero and speed the zero) and panel of instruments of MIG-21 MF wide had been also searched in Walkarounds in the Internet (to have an idea, in the generality, I more than made download of 300 photos of details).
The security belts had been confectioned with esparadrapo, the buckles made with disassembled electric wire handles, the lateral details in aluminum plate, sprue melted, glue, putty, adequate painting and “dirt”.
The tracks where the seat is installed (and it slides, in an eventual ejection), are absent in the kit and had been confectioned using aluminum plate duly cut and folded. The KM-1 presents diverse handles auxiliary, which I confectioned using wires of nylon of appropriate ratios.
I believe that the final result did not leave to desire for no kit of detailing in resin. They evaluate the photos and they take off its conclusions.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
The main panel of instruments all was made by hand. I cut an aluminum plate in its had ratio and made the base and covering of the main panel. In them, diverse details had been increased.
Each elaborated clock separately, each button and also each detail gotten in the photos. Everything using aluminum, glue, plates of acetado transparent, disassembled electric wire handles, etc. Each clock has a deep black (in paper) with its markings drawn with white ink, a “glass” (fact in transparent acetado plastic finishes well) and a bulkhead squared (leaked) in I aluminate, to re-cover the set being thus perfazendo, an only instrument.
Very laborious, but with a surprising final result.

The colors used for the cabin had been measured for a degree of “accented consuming” more, in view of that the Egyptian MIG-21 suffered with the variations of extreme heat, characteristics of this country.
In this model, I intend not to leave nothing “new”, thus characterizing a consumed aspect more. For the panel, the color base was the XF-25 “Light Sea Gray” of the Tamiya©.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
The lateral panels had been confectioned using to advantage some cut parts of the lateral panel of the original kit.

The pedals of helm and column of control, for example, had been used to advantage with minimum modifications.
The accelerator, some clocks and commands had been elaborated with sprue, glue, remaining portions of panels cut of others kits 1:32, etc.
All adapting to mount the lateral appearance of this cockpit (always on the basis of the photos of the original lateral panel).

A general vision of the panel of instruments (main and lateral) finished. It notices the depth of the parts and the general result.

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
The cone of shock of the kit well is made and of good rabbet also. In it, the only necessary modification is to add one weight (internally) so that the model can be with the nose in the soil when soon. I used lead of would fish inside glue of the shock cone to decide the problem (the part is hollow).
This stage must be remembered before mounting any kit of the MIG-21, either which manufacturer will be. Different of others kits 1:32 of the MIG-21, in the Revell, the shock cone must be glue before joining the two halves of the fuselage.

The back bulkhead destined to lodge the turbine does not need modification some. It is enough glue this part in the due place before joining the two parts of the fuselage.
We also have the box of wheels of the front landing gear. This already comes ready in the kit, being enough glue internally in one of the parts of the fuselage. Its detailing is not bad. But some accessories must be increased, therefore, I only glue it in the place for, later, effecting improvements in it.
For the fact to pierce the air inlets auxiliary, it would not be good if we saw the “hole” of the part looking at through the other, then, I provided a bending aluminum plate to add it front box of wheels, providing to the effect of the wall of the “boundary layer” of the duct of air feeding for the turbine.
He was really similar to the place where some avionics are lodged.

With all the ready internal sets, are enough glue them in its due place (internally in the fuselage) and to paint the interior of the two halves with black ink (I used color HCF-45 “NATO Black NATO” of the Hobby Cores® that is a black color more for the soot tone - “a smoke” tone).

Anhang anzeigen
PATODOIDO

PATODOIDO

Flieger-Ass
The two photos are identical, however, in the second photo, I delineated the areas confectioned in aluminum “to close” the boxes of wheels front and backs (vide has detached).
It notices the bulkhead to no longer fix the turbine (original of the kit) and the set of the cabin of the pilot place. In this point, already we can join the two halves of the fuselage, remembering glue the cone of first shock.

IT CONTINUES IN STAGE 03…

Anhang anzeigen
Thema:

MIG-21MF REVELL 1/32 - Made in Brazil

MIG-21MF REVELL 1/32 - Made in Brazil - Ähnliche Themen

• MiG-21MF eduard Splittertarnung

MiG-21MF eduard Splittertarnung: Auf der Basis des eduard-Bausatzes und der Decals von Sy@rt ist diese tschechische Maschine entstanden.
  • Anfrage MiG-21MF "660"

Anfrage MiG-21MF "660": moin zusammen, hat jemand Ahnung, wo dieses Bild entstanden ist? Kennt jemand diese "Strategen" Techniker auf einem Rollfeld mit Jagdflugzeugen...
  • MiG-21MF "681" in Preschen ... bereit zum Flug

MiG-21MF "681" in Preschen ... bereit zum Flug: Die Fotos von Cirrus 14.04.2002 aus dem Forum (Flugplatz Preschen in seiner aktiven Zeit) hatten es mir von Anfang an schon angetan, sodaß ich mir...
  • MiG-21MF Revell 1/32

MiG-21MF Revell 1/32: Ich zeige Euch Heute Bilder meiner ersten Revell 21 mit ausgefahrenem Fahrwerk. Die Bilder entstanden wieder auf dem Gelände des Flugplatz Welzow...
  • MiG-21MF Revell

MiG-21MF Revell: Hallo, liebe Modellbaugemeinde. Heute beginne ich mit einem Baubericht, für eine Revell MiG-21MF im Maßstab 1/32. Es gibt, glaube ich, keinen der...