GAF in the US in the 70's

Diskutiere GAF in the US in the 70's im Jets Forum im Bereich Luftfahrzeuge; Hello fellow forum members, I am a new member and live in the US, I'm now a disabled USAF veteran, but that has little or no bearing on being in...

#1Bandit

Flugschüler
Hello fellow forum members, I am a new member and live in the US, I'm now a disabled USAF veteran, but that has little or no bearing on being in this fine forum. While serving in the USAF my last assignment was to George AFB, CA at which time the GAF had a unit assigned (which I think is now on Holloman AFB, NM, I also was assigned there). My interest in this unit is primarily due to it at the time flying F-4F's, the easiest way to know they were GAF aircraft is the splinter paint scheme of a Dark Green and Dk Gray, or tothe tail numbers which all were AF XX-100-125 other than that they had USAF markings even to include the GA tailcode letters and US Armed Forces star and bars. Does anyone here have pictures of this units aircraft from that assignment, or know where they can me found. I would love to do model in this scheme, the markings or pretty much standard..it's the splinter pattern that I'm most interested in. Decals won't be much of a problem as there is Aftermarket stuff that can accomplish that..other than specific unit emblems that may be used If I remember correctly they were also the same as the 35TFW.

I have also enjoyed, a few weeks in Germany on a 49thTFW deployment on exercise Crested Cap...which of course members of the Wing renamed with a name that didn't set to well with the upper echelon of command.

C. Harris

Danke, Diego I like this group very much!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Hog

Astronaut
Hi,

welcome to the forum!
I'm quite certain that pictures of this unit's aircraft can be found in one of Andreas Klein's excellent books on the subject of the Phanton II. Check out http://www.airdoc.eu ;I'm sure other members of this forum will be able to give advice which titles in particular you should have a closer look at.

The colour scheme these aircraft were painted in is called Norm 72, the pattern can be found here http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/draw/f4f_n72.jpg .

Colours used are RAL 6014 'Gelboliv', RAL 7012 'Basaltgrau' and RAL 9006 'Weissaluminium' which can all be found in the Xtracolor product range, for example.

kind regards and happy modeling! :TOP:

Viking

Viking

Astronaut
Hi,

try this one.

Example: High Res

#1Bandit

Flugschüler
Danke Jurgen

Thanks a million, Jurgen...that is precisely what I was looking for...Ich sprechen ze deutsh, aber..kleine..

weidersehn...mein freund

Augsburg Eagle

Augsburg Eagle

Alien
Hi #1Bandit,

hope we will see your model here in a rollout. I´m curious about it !

Best regards from munich

Thema:

GAF in the US in the 70's

GAF in the US in the 70's - Ähnliche Themen

• F-4F Phantom II - GAFTIC 88 - Zapatas in St. Louis

F-4F Phantom II - GAFTIC 88 - Zapatas in St. Louis: Frühjahr 1988: Als junger Obergefreiter durfte ich für 6 Wochen nach Goose Bay zum Vorkommando für GAFTIC 88. Während dieses Kommandos sind...
  • GAF022 nach Paphos

GAF022 nach Paphos: Hallo, Am Dienstag flog ein Transall von LTG63 nach Paphos, und am Donnerstag flog die Transall wieder nach Hohn zuruck. Callsign war GAF022. Was...
  • GAF TO -1 MiG29G / Cockpit doku gesucht.

GAF TO -1 MiG29G / Cockpit doku gesucht.: Hallo gemeinde. Meine 29+01 in 1/6 braucht dringend ein scale Cockpit. Ich suche dafür bilder, dokus, und vor allem die Dash one. Ich hab zwar 2...
  • Alpha Jet GAF 41+14 zu verkaufen!

Alpha Jet GAF 41+14 zu verkaufen!: Gibt ja bald Weihnachtsgeld! http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/DORNIER-ALPHA-JET/1981-DORNIER-ALPHA-JET/1227291.htm
  • GAFMED1 der Bundesluftwaffe

GAFMED1 der Bundesluftwaffe: Gerade über der Ukraine gesichtet: GAFMED1 Reg: 15+02 A 319 der Bundesluftwaffe Flugrichtung Kaspisches Meer. Was macht die da? Wo will...