Fokker D VII mit Lozenge Camo

Diskutiere Fokker D VII mit Lozenge Camo im Props bis 1/48 Forum im Bereich Bauberichte online; I started putting the Eagle Strike four color Lozenge Camo on this old Monogram Fokker D-VII kit as an exercise leading up to a build of the Roden...
gregmix

gregmix

Flugschüler
I started putting the Eagle Strike four color Lozenge Camo on this old Monogram Fokker D-VII kit as an exercise leading up to a build of the Roden Gotha V mit Nach Lozenge and the Wing Nut's LVG C.VI. So far it's been going well. I've learned a good deal about applying large areas of decal film. Glad that I started with this kit instead of the Gotha Monster! The reinforcing strips are a pain to get straight. You can come back and re-wet them, however then move them around. Don't put the setting solution on them until you are sure they're right.

I picked this aircraft because it had the least obtrusive markings, a simple yellow nose and tail.

The Pilot was Carl August Schonebeck, C.O. of the yellow nosed Jagstaffel 33. As one of Richtofen's students he went on the command the 33rd and survived the war. No mean feat in itself! He died in 1989, the last survivor of the Richtofen Geschwader.

I did not have the stencil shown on the aircraft's sides so I made one in my VectorWorks CAD program (see below). Much searching for fonts ensued.

I made the "White 7" by cutting strips of white decal film. It took two layers to cover the yellow.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/gregmix/IMG_0024.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
gregmix

gregmix

Flugschüler
I started putting the Eagle Strike four color Lozenge Camo on this old Monogram Fokker D-VII kit as an exercise leading up to a build of the Roden Gotha V mit Nach Lozenge and the Wing Nut's LVG C.VI. So far it's been going well. I've learned a good deal about applying large areas of decal film. Glad that I started with this kit instead of the Gotha Monster! The reinforcing strips are a pain to get straight. You can come back and re-wet them, however then move them around. Don't put the setting solution on them until you are sure they're right.

I picked this aircraft because it had the least obtrusive markings, a simple yellow nose and tail.

The Pilot was Carl August Schonebeck, C.O. of the yellow nosed Jagstaffel 33. As one of Richtofen's students he went on the command the 33rd and survived the war. No mean feat in itself! He died in 1989, the last survivor of the Richtofen Geschwader.

I did not have the stencil shown on the aircraft's sides so I made one in my VectorWorks CAD program (see below). Much searching for fonts ensued.

I made the "White 7" by cutting strips of white decal film. It took two layers to cover the yellow.

Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen
gregmix

gregmix

Flugschüler

Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Karaya

Karaya

Testpilot
Hi Gregmix,
looks really good up to now!
Maybe you should set it into the "work in Progress" area.....

gregmix

gregmix

Flugschüler

urig

urig

Alien
A really nice build :TOP::HOT::TOP:

Thema:

Fokker D VII mit Lozenge Camo

Fokker D VII mit Lozenge Camo - Ähnliche Themen

• Fokker D.VII die 50. - Texaco - Roden 1:72

Fokker D.VII die 50. - Texaco - Roden 1:72: Hier ist sie, meine 50. Fokker D.VII. Es ist eine zivile Version, in Belgien registriert und ab 1934 in Rot und mit Texaco-Reklame an einen Herrn...
  • Fokker D.VII - Luftwaffe Litauen 1920 - Roden 1:72

Fokker D.VII - Luftwaffe Litauen 1920 - Roden 1:72: Ich zeige euch hier meine zweitletzte Fokker D.VII (Nr.49), es ist eine Maschine der Luftwaffe von Litauen 1920! Roden hat diese Variante auch als...
  • Fokker D.VII - Jasta 4 - Lt. Karl Meyer-Baldo - Roden 1:72

Fokker D.VII - Jasta 4 - Lt. Karl Meyer-Baldo - Roden 1:72: Hier ist nun meine letzte Fokker D.VII für die "Jasta-Vitrine"....! Es ist die 46. Fokker für die Vitrine, diesmal eine Maschine der Jasta 4 mit...
  • Fokker D.VII - Jasta 27 - Lt. Friedrich Noltenius - Roden 1:72

Fokker D.VII - Jasta 27 - Lt. Friedrich Noltenius - Roden 1:72: Endlich habe ich auch diese D.VII geschafft, es ist eine OAW-Maschine der Jasta 27, geflogen von Lt. Friedrich Noltenius, er erzielte 21...
  • Fokker D.VII - Jasta 18 - Lt. August Raben - Roden 1:72

Fokker D.VII - Jasta 18 - Lt. August Raben - Roden 1:72: Na endlich eine D.VII vom "Chef" der "Rabenstaffel" : Die Fokker D.VII von Lt. August Raben der Jasta 18...! Er hatte als einziger einen weissen...