25.04.13, 23:16 #1Maurice
Inscription is now open for non-Dutch aviation enthusiasts. Some important details you should read before signing up:
1. The number of participants for this group is limited to 100. Participation on first come first serve basis.
2. The gates are open between 08:00h and 09:00h LT for arrival of all participants. Make sure you are there in time, after 09:00h the gate will close until the end of the spotters day at about 16:30h. In between there will be no opportunity to enter or leave the base.
3. Entrance fee is set at € 3,-, to be paid at the parking lot. On this location there will also be a passport check, before entering the bus to go on base.
4. The proceeds will go to charity, which is supported by the RNLAF F-16 Solo Display Team. A check will be handed over to ‘Stitch’, the F-16 solo display pilot during this day. Of course you are free to donate more than € 3,-
5. Parking will be on farmers ground and cost € 6,- per car, to be paid directly to the farmer upon arrival. Make sure you have exact change.
6. The spotters enclosure will be more or less half way the runway. Toilets are available as well as catering. The latter at your own expense.
7. Although it is not forbidden, we would like to discourage the use of stepladders. There will be space enough for every one which makes stepladders obsolete. If you do decide to bring one, you will be positioned well behind the rest of the participants.
8. Your participation will not be confirmed before the end of May. You can expect more detailed reporting instructions around the first of June.
9. During the check in procedure in the morning of 13 June, you will receive a flyer with some rules. Please stick to these rules, if not, we will make one exemption to item number 2 above: you will be escorted off base immediately.
10. So how to sign up for this event? Well, download the excel form here: http://www.sgvolkel.nl/form.xls, complete it and mail it to email@example.com
Again, the e-mails will not be answered/confirmed individually, please be patient until the 1st of June.
We are looking forward to meeting you during the spottersday on June 13, 2013!!
Spotting Group Volkel
21.05.13, 21:56 #2Maurice
We have passed the 100 inscribers some time ago already. Due to the enormous interest for this event, we decided to ask the base to host more people than initially agreed.
Today we received a negative response to our question unfortunately. Despite the 100th anniversary character of this event, the base informs us not to expect too much from this event due to budget constraints.
This means that we have to close the inscription with immediate effect and in addition we regret to disappoint about 70 persons. Next week we will have the total overview of participants. From that moment we will inform the lucky ones but of course also the unfortunate ones.
Sorry not to bring any better news…
22.05.13, 17:31 #3
23.05.13, 06:52 #4
23.05.13, 07:23 #5Maurice
Thank you for your kind words.
Let me clarify this a bit. The airbase only has 400 places available for the spottersday. They ask Spotting Group Volkel to fill these places. SGV has over 400 members, so we could fill this easily by our own. But we don't. We also invite the other Dutch Spotting Groups and we even take the hassle to invite also 100 of our international friends.
Normally this number is sufficient, in the past (2007 & 2009) we never had to disappoint any of the inscribers. However, this year due to the 100th anniversary character, interest is much bigger than usual. Therefore we requested the base three times now to scale up the number of 400 to at least 500. They don't seem to be able to grant this for whatever reason.
We truly regret this but we can't change it. I am trying my utmost best to get all of you on board and I am putting many many hours of my spare time in this. I wish we had as much space available as is at Wittmund two weeks later. But that isn't the case. So please bear this in mind when you start axing 'the Dutch' again.
23.05.13, 08:11 #6
keep cool. Nobody is angry about the "dutch". Keep in mind that there is a behind the words. Please understand this as a kind of ironic.
23.05.13, 14:14 #7tommyw
Thank You Maurice for all Your honorable efforts for our hobby during Your spare time.
I hope to have been fast enough to be one of the "lucky 100".
31.05.13, 21:06 #8
Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
02.06.13, 10:08 #9
02.06.13, 18:20 #10
Spotters day Volkel, 13 June 2013
Von brüggen im Forum FlugplätzeAntworten: 24Letzter Beitrag: 24.10.13, 22:56
Von Black Snake im Forum AirshowsAntworten: 661Letzter Beitrag: 17.07.13, 21:46
Von steve2385 im Forum AirshowsAntworten: 11Letzter Beitrag: 05.06.13, 06:47