A300 in Alabama abgestürzt

Diskutiere A300 in Alabama abgestürzt im Flugunfälle und Flugunfallforschung Forum im Bereich Luftfahrzeuge allgemein; UPS-Frachtmaschine in Alabama abgestürzt
Chopper80

Chopper80

Alien
Also kein Precision-Approach, LOC only! Aber das Wetter sah ja auch nicht ganz so schlecht aus. Allerdings gibt es Beschränkungen für Nachtanflüge, siehe APP-Plate links oben.

C80

EagleOneM

Flugschüler
Sorry my German is not good enough to write my comment here in German. But I hope you all speak enough English to understand.
I live in Miami and hear news updates about the crash on the local radio or read it on my home page regularly.
Earlier this morning they said on the radio there were eyewitnesses who saw an explosion before it went down and the engines "making strange noises".
As an aviation author with experience this almost looks to me as what I initially thought brought down this aircraft, a birdstrike in one of the engines.
I have no further information other than what I hear on the radio here while the investigation is ongoing.
But that is my guess and the results of the investigation by the FAA will clear it all up in a few weeks.
I have no idea how the approach was and what the weather was like at time of the landing attempt.
I hope this sheds some light on this unfortunate event but when the FAA results are in we will know the cause of this fatal crash.

tommyw

You're welcome , eagleonem!
Very nice to see an american reading and writing in a german aviation forum.
I hope You can also contribute to other, more positive threads.
Greets
Tommy

At admins: sorry to be slightly off-topic

Schorsch

Schorsch

Alien
Sorry my German is not good enough to write my comment here in German. But I hope you all speak enough English to understand.
I live in Miami and hear news updates about the crash on the local radio or read it on my home page regularly.
Earlier this morning they said on the radio there were eyewitnesses who saw an explosion before it went down and the engines "making strange noises".
As an aviation author with experience this almost looks to me as what I initially thought brought down this aircraft, a birdstrike in one of the engines.
I have no further information other than what I hear on the radio here while the investigation is ongoing.
But that is my guess and the results of the investigation by the FAA will clear it all up in a few weeks.
I have no idea how the approach was and what the weather was like at time of the landing attempt.
I hope this sheds some light on this unfortunate event but when the FAA results are in we will know the cause of this fatal crash.
Eyewitness reports sugesting some sort of explosion are quite common. Not to blame the eyewitness, but such stuff happens in a few seconds and it is difficult to locate the "bang". A full loss of engine power is possible explanation, if both engines are lost in final approach there is basically no exit strategy and a crash is inevitable. But let's wait a few days, the NTSB works rather quick lately.

Thema:

A300 in Alabama abgestürzt

A300 in Alabama abgestürzt - Ähnliche Themen

• A300 und A310

A300 und A310: Guten Abend, ich wollte mal fragen, warum eigentlich nur so wenig Fluggesellschaften diese Flugzeuge betreiben? Beim A310 kann ich es verstehen...
  • Airbus A300 Zero G - Airfix 1:144

Airbus A300 Zero G - Airfix 1:144: Zufällig fiel mir ein schon fast fertig gebautes Modell eines Airfix A300 in die Hände. Das Fahrwerk dieses uralten Bausatzes überzeugte mich...
  • Reifen eines A300/A310 für Kunstprojekt gesucht.

Reifen eines A300/A310 für Kunstprojekt gesucht.: Liebes Forum, Mein Name ist Daniel und ich bin ein junger in Berlin lebender Künstler. Für meine Einzelausstellung (Thema GROUNDED) in einer...
  • Airbus A300B1 Fahrwerk

Airbus A300B1 Fahrwerk: Ich bastel zur Zeit am Prototypen des Airbus A300 in 1:144. Es gibt einen Detailset für das Fahrwerk des A310 von Extratech. Meine Frage, sind...
  • Airbus A300B4-203 Alitalia von Airfix 1:144

Airbus A300B4-203 Alitalia von Airfix 1:144: Hallo Modellbaukollegen Habe mal wieder ein Flugzeug aus meiner Sammlung verbessert und den anderen A300 in Rente geschickt ( verschenkt) . Da...