R-73 "rückwärts" abgeschossen...

Diskutiere R-73 "rückwärts" abgeschossen... im Bordwaffen Forum im Bereich Grundlagen, Navigation u. Technik; The Russians have also brought up an idea about a missile that could be launched backwards. It is based on the R-73 (AA-11 Archer) missile. The...
René

René

Astronaut
The Russians have also brought up an idea about a missile that could be launched backwards. It is based on the R-73 (AA-11 Archer) missile. The new missile weighs 5 kilos more and is 30 cm longer than the original R-73. It is still IR seeking and operates on two wavelengths. The angle of view is a 60-degree cone. The range is from one kilometer to 10 - 12 kilometers.
Quelle: http://www.sci.fi/~fta/ruaf-3-8.htm

Die schwarz-weiß Seite findet sich hier mit einer englischen Erklärung versehen: http://www.onthenet.com.au/~billzila/flanker.htm

The interesting concept of rearward-firing missiles has apparently been tested on Su-27s, using modified R-73 missiles mounted on rotating pylons that can fire missiles in either direction. The production version apparently has a "nose cone" over the rocket engine (jettisoned on launch), and modified fins to prevent instability problems while briefly flying backwards after launch. The launch rails are fitted with gas cartridges to boost the missile backwards, so its own engine doesn't have to overcome the aircraft's full forward speed. It isn't clear whether the missiles will be mounted on fixed rearward facing rails, or rotating pylons similar to those used during development. How well any of this will work in practice remains to be seen.
Quelle: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/3532/fla_d.html

Alpha

Alpha

Space Cadet
Moin

ein letztes wegen "rückwärts" abgeschossener FFAR:
Ich finde, eine solche Diskussion ist doch nur normal. Wo ist das Problem, wenn zwei oder mehrere sich verschiedener Meinung sind und dann darüber diskutieren ? Sobald eine Partei anfängt, sich beleidigt zu fühlen und schmollt- das finde ich dann auch lächerlich. Ich finde nur schade, dass Flugschreiber anstatt sachlich auf meine Punkte des letzten Postings einzugehen einfach sagt "iss eben so" und so´nen unglücklichen Spruch mit Soldat und so bringt.

Aber was ist gegen die Diskussion zu sagen, die gelaufen ist ?
Oder wollen wir hier nur einstimmig uns gegenseitig bestätigen ? Wohl kaum...

Und das "off-Topic-Problem" gibt´s ja jetzt nicht zum ersten und nicht zum letzten mal...

Alpha

P.S.: Gegen Andreas "älteres Semester" verwehre ich mich ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
suchoi.net

suchoi.net

Testpilot
@Flugschreiber:

Qualität setzt sich eben durch! ;) Ok ok, ich hätte Dich um Erlaubnis fragen müssen...

@Rene:

Immer dieses Englisch... :rolleyes:

René

René

Astronaut
@suchoi: Ich würde ja gerne deutschsprachige Internetseiten präsentieren. Leider habe ich dort zu diesem Thema noch nichts gefunden.:(

UeDA

Testpilot
Für Suchoi.Net, habe Dir mal den thread aus dem englischen Forum kopiert. Vielleicht kannst DU daraus was gebrauchen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does any one have any clue about the real combat range of the R-73 ? some sources say 30 km and some say 11 ! and when it is in visual guidance patern , what would be the range ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Working in the field of IR spectroscopy with some russian colleagues I had the opportunity of using some russian IR transparent windows available at low price from russia. The quality of these products is very low by every standard (poor industrialzation, polishing, thickness, contamination by lubricant ...). So I would regard with care every claim of superior performance in the field of IR sensor (seeker head or IRST, FLIR, missile warning systems ...).
With other words, Torpedo, you mean if the window in front of the seaker-head of the R-73 is not "clear" enough because of low quality of production, the missile will not be able to acquire targets over extended ranges?

To be more precise reg. Kfadrat's question, the data available around in the West (a good example is the article by David Hughes, "Russians Offer AA-11s to McDonnell Douglas," Aviation Week and Space Technology, September 4, 1995, p. 25) state, that with the help of the HMS, the R-73M1 (which was sold to - for example - India, Germany, Iraq, Yugoslavia, Syria, China, and was tested by the PLAAF in March 1996 against flares) is supposedly capable of being fired against targets at 45° off-boresight and up to a range of 12.4 miles. The R-73M2 up to 60° off-boresight at a range of 18.6 miles.

From what I understand, such ranges don't mean, that a MiG-29 or Su-27 will now be able to really fire at targets under given circumstances and at exactly such long ranges, but rather, that they will be able to fire at targets at high off-boresight angles, that the missile will be able to make high-g turns along parabolic tracks (thus travelling over longer distances) without loosing the energy and still remaining locked-on on the target.

BTW, the same article claimed, that the Russians are developing the R-73M3, with 90° off-boresight capability and that for BVR engagements the R-73 can be cued with the IRST of the Su-27s.

In another article by the same author (David Hughes, "Luftwaffe Mig Pilots Effective with Archer," Aviation Week and Space Technology, October 16, 1995, p. 39) it was claimed, that during mock combats in 1994, German MiG-29-pilots were not only able to outmanoeuver US F-16s in 60% of engagements, but also to acquire their opponents with the help of the HMS and the R-73 at much longer ranges.

Compared to R-73, the AIM-9M supposedly is capable only of acquisition at 27.5° off-boresight and up to distances of 4.8 miles.

However, these advertised performances might not have anything in common with the reality.

AKM74 indicated one possible weakness (see "What's with AIM-9X bashing"): "Also R73 probably lacks processing power for the seeker, which would limit its ECCM capability compared to the AIM9M, even if it does have superior capabilities in other areas."

Additionally, Percy mentioned in the discussion "F-14 and its performances" (Section "Aircraft Performances"), that the R-73 "is not really much better than an AIM-9L. The current service version (R-73M) does not have the expanded off-boresight acquisition capability, or the nifty stuff that Vympel are said to have put into the R-73M-2 missile. However, the 'Dash-Two' is still not in production and may never be. Some rumours have been rattling around recently about French tests which have shown the missile to be very flare hungry. Think AIM-9M-1/2. Reports from Africa say performance is very patchy. The R-73 looks increasingly like another immature Russian 'superweapon' used by the West to scare up funds for missile procurement."

Consequently, IMHO, it is now a question how much do the bad standards of the production and lower level of available technology of different items for the R-73 - as indicated by Torpedo - influence (in negative sense, as Percy pointed) the capability of the R-73 to acquire targets - foremost - at advertised ranges and off-boresight angles?
I'm a bit surprised and sceptical about this supposed flare-hungriness of R-73. It doesn't really take all that much signal processing to build a pretty flare-resistant seeker and if the Russians could do it even with lowly MANPADS, one would figure they could do it with a big R-73 as well. I could imagine that under certain aspect angles the very first variants might go for flares if they don't have dual-band IR/UV seekers (I don't know - do they?), but surely not on a regular basis and surely not the later models...
that with the R-73 having a dual-band IR/UV seeker is a matter of some discussions. Some people swear it is equipped with such, other say it is not.

BTW, some interesting photos and explanations about testing of R-73 can be found here:
aeroweb.lucia.it/rap/RAFAQ/R-73.html
About the R-73s

Our Air Force uses R-73M1s (reportedly only a quantity of 44 was acquired for 28 MiG-29s...) so I have some infos about it. For me it's a world-beater...but just on paper, folks.
Tose ranges are not real at all, and as with all missiles, drops down heavily from rear aspect and low level. That 30+ km is just a theoretical ballistic data. When one has to calculate the firing-range borders for example...you know if you launch this from high level, it can fly as far as 30 km and can hit a fisherman in the head...
One of the big setbacks of the Archer is the limitation imposed on delta h between launcher and target. It's just 3000 meters (10000ft). Somebody compared nine limas and mikes to R-73s...I don't think Sidewinder has the same limitation (Falklands shot from dive against a low flyer, delta h around 5 km).
The dead zone around the sun is 15 degree, with AIM-9L it's just 5.
About flare/tgt discrimination...it's all about flare frequency. A well timed salvo of flares can misguide anything, from close in it can white out even IIR seekers. In the Archer which uses a sensitive, but "traditional" seeker, several circuits of IRCCM is built – for the weaponeers I talked to it's invincible, altough the above mentioned method made them thinking a bit. Actually there's a number given with every IR-seeker on the freq of flares it can successfully discriminate (it' measured in 1/s). It's not about high-tech, it's just physics: with enough false IR-sources it's possible to suppress that of the real tgt. Turn down gain? Lose sensistivity below the level of the real target...

I think it's enough of R-73 for today.

Anyway, did you know that the 'guaranteed' service life of the R-73 after removed from it's storage container is just ONE year? With flight hours it falls down rapidly...
(Not just Russian missiles have these problems, just look at R-530,-550 performance during Deny Flight and Allied Force...)
Look at the latest GAO report on the F-18E/F.

An AMRAAM on a regular jet might get 350-400 flying hours before it is beat to death.

On the F-18E/F it is......... 50 hours (lots of vibration) they are concerned about all the other weapons it can hang. Hopefully they can fix this....
Are you sure about a 9L missile hitting anybody at low level from 5km away in a tail chase?

You said: >One of the big setbacks of the Archer is the limitation imposed on delta h between launcher and target. It's just 3000 meters (10000ft). Somebody compared nine limas and mikes to R-73s...I don't think Sidewinder has the same limitation (Falklands shot from dive against a low flyer, delta h around 5 km).<

FLT LT Dave Morgan said on describing FLT LT Bertie Penfold's shot on an Argentinian Nesher (..I mean Dagger) on 1/5/82 that 'it definitely was a long shot' and this was a kill achieved in a high altitude fight and from a distance of around 5 km. At low level I doubt that a 9L could shoot somebody down from 5km and certain that no Falklands kills at low level were achieved from 5km. In fact LT Dave Smith of 800NAS killed an A-4 on 8/6/82 and he thought his missile barely reached the Skyhawk that was flying at sea level around 3km away (2miles). I believe Dagger killer LT Martin Hale of 800NAS fired a 9L but missed on 21/5/82 from a SIMILAR range as that Dave Smith fired on 8/6/82 (ie. not much more than 3km) and the missile fell short. 2 days later of course in a very similar intercept he fired at a Dagger from 800 meters away only and didn't miss... It is interesting that 800NAS had a nearly 86% PK (Probability of Kill) as it shot down 12 argentinian fighters in 14 launches! Martin Hale fired just on the edge of the envelope hoping to catch the Dagger that was moving west very fast but just fell short... and Clive Morrell (as already mentioned by me and Tomcat in the 'Past conflicts' section) had a missile suffering a malfunction after launch - probably the only malfunction in 26 launches...all in all a nearly perfect performance from both pilots and missile...

UeDA

Testpilot
Teil II:

Sorry you've not copied it. I was talking about delta h and not range. Delta h IS the height difference between shooter and target, it is NOT range, NOR slant range. Before launch this data is important, because the guidance system must know how the conditions of the air changes around the missile during it's flight. During a sea level engagement of a tgt of similar altitude for example, different control surface movements are needed than of a tgt at 30000ft. There has to be an 'altitude imput' to the missile before launch because of this factor. With the R-73 this 3000 m block can be tolerated by the guidance unit, missile aerodinamics and load-bearing capability.
When I read that story about those particular Sidewinder launches, I thought they were talking about 5km height difference (my delta h), not range (altough in a vertical dive these two can be the same).
On the other hand I must admit that most of the time these category of missiles are launched from just a few kilometers,
where this limitation of R-73 is not a problem.

Different airframes interact with the same hanged ordenance differently. I'm sure that a "well-shaken" AMRAAM on the SH can have MTBF as low as 50 hours compared to for example F-16s several hundred (My figure for Aviano F-16s during Deny Flight is 600-700 hours for AMRAAM. And just have a look how those missiles worked in 1994!). I just suggested that Russian and French missiles have much lower MTBFs than their american counterparts in general. I can, however imagine that a 'smooth rided' R-73 can live longer than a Sidewinder on a constantly buffeting pylon.
have you seen the latest AFM issue (October 2001)?

There is an article about Hungarian MiG-29s going for live-firing exercises to Poland.

Beside now, that the situation of Hungarian MiG-29s seems to be appalling (foremost for political reasons), but as it seems, they used only R-60s (24 rounds in total), which slightly surprised me (apparently the author of that article as well), because these were really some old rounds, purchased during the late 1980s for former MiG-21bis and MiG-23MFs. Despite this, only one round failed to leave the rails, and had to subsequently be fired after an override of its system which needs a lock-on before the missile is fired.

The article also mentioned, that a small amount of R-73s was purchased together with MiG-29s in 1993, but that they are apparently - despite eventual short shelf-life time - still considered as a main dogfighting weapon of the fighter.

It would certainly be interesting to hear your comments on this, if you have read that article.
A friend of mine is looking for any information about the R-73 for a own homepage. Can somebody here give me some clues, where he can find these? First of all he is looking on data how good this missile is in reality. So he looks for clues where it is not performing up to its reputation and why! I hope you can help my friend and me too!
Well, I'm fortunate enough, to reflect to that article in AFM. I was there, you know. The guy who has written that article...well, he loves Russian things a bit too much.

So, Hungarian Defence Forces Air Groups (Magyar Honvedseg Repulocsapatai, the forerunner of Hungarian Air Force, which was formed in 1997, and which again lost it's independence from September 1, 2001), acquired it's first full solid state AAM, the R-60M in the 1980s for use on MiG-21bis, Su-22M3, and MiG-23MF. It was a big deal that time, and the pilots and weapon guys were instructed, that the R-60 is 'an extremely manouverable dogfight missile', and is 'virtually impossible to evade'.
As the types for which the R-60s were bought are now withdrawn, they are used by MiG-29s to familiarize pilots of the missile-launch process. The tgt is a flare which does not represent a real tgt compared to for example a barell-rollin' flare dropping F-16...
Actually the first time when Hungarian MiG-29s went to Poland for live-firing ex, they used brand new R-60MK models (included in the 1993 MiG-29 deal with Russia - 28 Fulcrums in change with state debts). The only problem with that - otherwise much improved, cooled-seeker - version was the fact that the warhead contained hazardous (radiating) material: maintenance guys could spend just limited time (10 min at once) in their storage facility.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------you'll probably find more technical data on several other websites, such like FAS.org etc., but, sincerely, I doubt there is a more serious assesment about that weapon but what has been offered on this thread of our forum (I've been searching for more as well, but haven't found anything "better").

from the article, it was apparent that the author is pretty much in "love" with "made in USSR/Russia" (especially because he criticized the Hungarian gov for not upgrading MiG-29s or taking special care about them...).

Anyway, do you know exactly how many R-73s were purchased by Hungary?

I must admit, I'm asking this also because there are rumours that Yugs have got their in 1995 from Hungary as well? Or, perhaps it was so that a Hungarian businessman was behind the Yug deal?

suchoi.net

suchoi.net

Testpilot
Ohhh man, ich gehe am Stock...

Man ist das anstrengend... Habe nur überflogen. Mit meinen paar Englischkenntnissen habe ich aber schon sehr kritische Aussagen "aufgeschnappt". Über den Aspekt des "Schlechtwerdens" hatte ich nie nachgedacht... Gibt es das Problem generell??? Auch bei der Sidewinder etc. Ich meine ich hätte da auch etwas gelesen in dem Text. Wie lange ist so eine Lebensdauer??

Was eine schlechte Produktion angeht... Tja, was soll man da sagen?! Kann schon sein, wird sicherlich auch so sein... Sicher vor einen Blindgänger kann wohl keiner sein, denke ich.

Der Artikel hat mich aber auch daran erinnert, das es verschiedene Versionen von der R-73 gibt. Damit sollte man sich mal näher beschäftigen. Meistens hört man ja nur von der R-73, ohne ein Kürzel etc. dahinter.

@UeDA, wenn Du die Zeilen ließt... würdest Du behaupten, das sie Schrott ist???

Mich würden auch mal Infos von @Rene interessieren. Vielleicht kann er da wertvolle Infos beisteuern.

Bei Gelegenheit muss ich mal meinen Translator bemühen. Das muss/will ich ja nun ganz genau wissen...

suchoi.net

suchoi.net

Testpilot
@Rene,

in UeDA´s Postings waren waren diese Quellen... Mich würde nicht wundern, wenn Du diesbezüglich weiterhelfen könntest...

:D

Wär jedenfalls echt suuper!!!

Ach noch was... Ist vielleicht bei RED FLAG mal mit den Dingern geschossen worden???

David Hughes, "Luftwaffe Mig Pilots Effective with Archer," Aviation Week and Space Technology, October 16, 1995, p. 39

David Hughes, "Russians Offer AA-11s to McDonnell Douglas," Aviation Week and Space Technology, September 4, 1995, p. 25

UeDA

Testpilot
Ich würde nicht sagen die R-73 ist Schrott, um Gottes Willen, nein! Sie ist der AIM-9L oder -9M auf jedenfall ebenbürtig, wenn nicht besser. Aber so viel besser wie immer behauptet scheint sie auch nicht zu sein. Was sie vermutlich z.Z. so tödlich im Manöver macht ist der 60Grad-Suchwinkel und das Helmvisier. Damit ist sie der Sidewinder auf jeden Fall überlegen. Wenn die Sidewinder aber auch über ein Helmvisier verfügt, kann das schon wieder enger werden! Das Ding ist top, aber hat leider wohl auch mehr Macken, als immer beahuptet wurde.

suchoi.net

suchoi.net

Testpilot
Die neuen die in Europa entwickelt werden, werden sicherlich auch wieder eine neue Herausforderung darstellen... ;)

Ich weiß ja das alle nur mit Wasser kochen... Deshalb liegt mir ja auch so viel wie möglich, positive und auch kritische Berichte auf meine Site zu bringen. Wenn es natürlich nur Positives bzw. Erfolgsmeldungen gibt... habe ich auch nichts dagegen :D

Den Bericht hatte ich ja von Rene bekommen über den Dogfiht mit der F-15... liest sich guuuuuut :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
AMIR

AMIR

Astronaut
hmm .... also, egal ob sachliche Infos oder kleinere Meinungsverschiedenheiten (waren doch nur kleiner Jungs, oder?) .....:)

Für meinen Teil steht fest: Es wurden wohl in verschiedenen Ländern Versuche gemacht, aber es hat sich mit Sicherheit nicht bewährt! (Hat schon jemand hier gesagt....) Sonst würde das wohl zum Standard-Inventar jeder Luftwaffe gehören ..... ;)

suchoi.net

suchoi.net

Testpilot
@Amir,

komme bei Dir etwas durcheinander... Womit wurden Versuche in den verschiedenen Ländern gemacht??? Mit der R-73 oder mit dem "nach hinten" abfeuern???

Eigentlich wurde sie ja auch nicht nach hinten abgefeuert... Sie wurde ja nach vorn abgefeuert, wendete auf der Stelle und flog Richtung Ziel. Die Aufschaltung bekam sie durch das nach hinten gerichtete Radar.

Wenn Du die R-73 meinst... Ob sie sich bewähren würde, könnte man sicherlich nur eindeutig in einem Konfliktfall unter den entsprechenden Bedingungen feststellen. Auf jeden Fall gibt es FÜR und WIEDER! Aber auch wenn es generell die Wunderwaffe wär... Die NATO würde sie nie in den eigenen Streitkräften einführen. Schon aus Kompatibilitätsgründen nicht. Aber nicht nur deshalb nicht...

Also, was meintest Du? :confused:

René

René

Astronaut
@suchoi: Muß das hier erst mal verarbeiten.;) Werde die Tage mal in meinem Archiv stöbern, was ich so finden kann. Den Artikel aus der AFM 10/01 habe ich auch. Muß ich aber erst noch lesen. Komme auf das Thema zurück.

Sören

Sören

Alien
nach hinten feuernde R-73

Ich denke, daß es wenig Sinn macht, eine R-73 auf der Stelle drehen zu lassen. Die R-73M1 hat eine Reichweite von 20km, die Version M2 von 30km. Somit wäre genug Spielraum, die Rakete vorwärts abzuschießen und in einem "normalen" Radius auf das Ziel steuern zu lassen. Das Argument von einem auf kurze Distanz angreifenden Gegners halte ich für nicht ganz logisch. Wozu hier eine schweineteure Rakete vergeuden, wenn ein kurzer Druck auf den Auslöseknopf der Vulkan-kanone den Gegner ins Jenseits befördert?

suchoi.net

suchoi.net

Testpilot
Was ist ein "normaler" Radius? Wenn die Rakete die Wendigkeit hat, ist der Rakete egal wie groß der Radius ist... Es kommt der Steuerimpuls und die Rakete wendet halt... Meiner Meinung nach sollte mit einem nach hinten gerichteten Radar untersucht werden, wie sich die Rakete verhält. Klar, wird die Rakete über das Helmvisier abgefeuert, fliegt sie einen "normalen" Radius. Ich denke, das Radar in Verbindung mit der Rakete ist das Entscheidene. Über Sinn und Unsinn läßt sich streiten... Ich denke auch, das die Warscheinlichkeit einen Verfolger abzuschütteln größer/leichter ist mit dem nach hinten gerichteten Radar in Verbindung mit der Rakete als den Jet erst "auszurichten" um den Verfolger mit der Bordkanone zu bekämpfen.

Wie heißt es so schön: "Lieber man hat, als man hätte!" Wer weiß wozu man es mal gebrauchen kann. An anderer Stelle wurde schon oft darüber diskutiert, ob es heute noch Dogfights gibt... ob Bordkanonen noch Sinn machen... was das Primäre bez. Luftüberlegenheit darstellt.

Das Optimum ist sicherlich, wenn ein Jet alle Fähigkeiten verfügen würde die es heute so gibt. Das das schlecht möglich ist, wurde auch schon oft festgestellt. Demzufolge gilt es bei der Entwicklung und dem Bau neuer Jets abzuwägen, was das Optimum darstellt. Sensoren die einen den Rücken freihalten mit der entsprechenden Bewaffnung stellen sicherlich einen Teil des Optimums dar.

Wenn ich am PC fliege, habe ich "gelernt" das man Raketen ausweicht, indem man versucht die Rakete im Winkel von 90 Grad auf einen zufliegen zu lassen und kurz vorher die Maschine in Richtung der Rakete rumzieht (spitzer Winkel zur Rakete). Der dadurch entstehende Radius die die Rakete fliegen müßte, packen die meisten eben nicht... Die R-73 und die Neuentwicklungen aber schon. Das hat der Versuch die Rakete mittels des nach hinten gerichteten Radars abzufeuern sicherlich bewiesen. Natürlich spielen noch Faktoren wie z.B. Störsicherheit etc. eine Rolle.

Übrigens... Wieso Vulcan-Kanone? Die ist doch amerikanisch! Die R-73 jedoch russisch! Oder habe ich die Aussage falsch verstanden??

:?!

Sören

Sören

Alien
Nach hinten feuerde Rakete

Klar da habe ich mich wohl verhaspelt! Doch Anfangs ging es doch darum, ob eine Rakete derart enge Wendemanöver überhaupt mitmacht oder schlicht auseinanderfliegt. Was ich mit der Bordkanone meinte, war, daß wenn der Verfolgte seinen Gegner auf sehr kurze Distanz herankommen ließe, warum hat er nicht schon eher Gegenmaßnahmen eingeleitet um den Verfolger auszuknipsen oder wenigstens abzuschütteln? Er bräuchte also keine R-73 zur Nahverteidigung. Kommt der Verfolger dennoch so nah heran, hat er doch die Möglichkeit die Su mit seiner Vulkan zu erledigen.
:?!

Scorpion

Scorpion

Space Cadet
@Sören,
ne Su hat keine Vulcan! Davon mal abgesehen, kann es immer passieren, dass aus welchen Gründen auch immer es zum Nahkampf kommt...

Aber zum Thema rückwärtsgerichtete Raketen. Hab hier nicht weiter im Thread gelesen, kann also sehr gut sein, dass alles schon erwähnt wurde.
Soweit ich weiss wurde von der Idee die Raketen rückwärts anzubringen abstand genommen, aus Aerodynamischen Gründen.
Stattdessen sind die Raketen modifiziert worden .Wenn mich nicht alles täuscht wird eine art kleiner Zusatzmotor verwendet um die Rakete zu drehen (nach dem Abwuf) dann erst zündet ihr normaler Raketenmotor.

Sören

Sören

Alien
Klar hat eine Su keine Vulkan! Niemand behauptet so etwas. Aber sehr wohl ein Angreifer wie die F-16 oder, oder, oder. Denn darum ging es doch, daß sich die Su auf kurze Distanz gegen diesen Angreifer mittels rückwärts feuernder Rakete zur Wehr setzt.

Vitez

Flieger-Ass
Besser man hat eine Rückwetsgerichtete R-73 als man hat sie nicht. Wie Effizient diese Waffe dann auch in der Praxis ist, halte ich für sehr fraglich und unbewiesen. Mit Sicherheit würde sich ein Verfolger einer Su-35 mit rückwertsgerichteten R-73 nicht besonders wohl fühlen, aber ob genau dies sich zu gunsten der Su-35 entscheidet glaube ich nicht.

Alex65

Sportflieger
Wie gesagt, ist die Idee nicht neu. Der Lerer vom Wit, der die Pe 2 im Krieg geflogen hatte, hatte schon mal erzählt, daß sie ungesteuerte Raketen unter die Tragflächen rückwerz montiert haben. Es diente mehr der Abschreckung, als dem gezielten Schuß.
Die Frage, ob eine Rakete erst dreht und dann das Ziel erfasst....
das ist es gerade! Erst wird erfasst und dann gefeuert! Deswegen sind die Dienge rückwerz angeschnallt. Das Problem bei den ersten Versuchen war, der Suchkopf hatte eigenes Flugzeig erfasst und ...
Der Forteil, der Rückwerzanbringung: Tempo der Angreifer + Tempo Rakete die entgegen fliegt = bleibt kaum Zeit zu reagieren!

Thema:

R-73 "rückwärts" abgeschossen...

R-73 "rückwärts" abgeschossen... - Ähnliche Themen

• Großbeuthen (Brandenburg): Gedenkstein für 1944 abgeschossenen britischen Bomber aufgestellt

Großbeuthen (Brandenburg): Gedenkstein für 1944 abgeschossenen britischen Bomber aufgestellt: Lokal-Zeitung mit Bezahlschranke...
  • Verkehrsflugzeuge sollen bald selbstständig "rückwärts ausparken"!

Verkehrsflugzeuge sollen bald selbstständig "rückwärts ausparken"!: Hier ein Beitrag von 'AeroTelegraph'! (von mir als Pushbackfahrer unkommentiert :headscratch: ! )...
  • Tel Aviv Germania-Boeing kracht rückwärts in El-Al-Flugzeug

Tel Aviv Germania-Boeing kracht rückwärts in El-Al-Flugzeug: Am Mittwochmorgen verkeilten sich zwei Flugzeuge am Flughafen Ben Gurion in Tel Aviv. Eine Boeing der Fluggesellschaft Germania, die auf dem Weg...
  • VIDEO: Zusammenstoß beim rückwärts hovern

VIDEO: Zusammenstoß beim rückwärts hovern: In diesem Video seht ihr eine AS-350, welche nach dem abheben langsam rückwärts hovert, und dabei mit ihrem Heckrotor die Plexiglaskanzel einer...
  • Rückwärts ?

Rückwärts ?: Da ich weder Pilot noch ähnliches bin mal eine Frage: Ich habe letztes auf einer Airshow einen Hubi rückwärts fliegen sehen. - ist dass...