A-10A N/AW Warthog "Ugly but well hung"

Diskutiere A-10A N/AW Warthog "Ugly but well hung" im Jets ab 1/32 Forum im Bereich ROLLOUTS - Die Bilder Eurer Flieger !; Hey Gang, I finished my 1/32 hog few days ago and I thought I share it with you guys. I build a 2 seater that did not go into production cause...
Mike1975

Mike1975

Fluglehrer
Hey Gang,

I finished my 1/32 hog few days ago and I thought I share it with you guys. I build a 2 seater that did not go into production cause the USAF didn't care much for it at the time. Now, they sure wish they had ordered few. Anyway, I build it as What If Arctic Hawg. I think it looks good but let me know what you all think. Enjoy !!

Mike
Ca. USA

Note: As it was kindly suggested by my new friend to post 1 pic per post. In doing so it don't get lost in the forum. I'm going to change my original post a little :) Thank you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zimmo

Zimmo

Alien
hi mike!!!!

great job....it's really a beautiful warthog:TOP:

greetz
zimmo :)

Augsburg Eagle

Augsburg Eagle

Alien
Well done, Mike:TOP::TOP:
Looks like a realy Hog. What a model is this?

Greets
AE

F-14A TomCat

F-14A TomCat

Astronaut
Hey Mike, you really did a great job!!! :HOT:
The Two-Seater isn´t my favorite, but this one looks awesome!:TOP:

Mike1975

Mike1975

Fluglehrer
Thanks Guys, I'm not a big fan of the family model as well but I had the kit and did not wanted to do it out of the box scheme. So, a light bulb went off (ting) and out came the Arctic Hawg idea as a what if.

AE, this is the Trumpeter 1/32 A-10A N/AW

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Scale72

Well done, Mike!

The Double Seater A-10 for me is one of these kind of models, placing in the Top 10 of "Never ever on my workbench" (just beaten by the Eurofighter ;) )

But the result of your efforts is stunning! I realy like the paint scheme which just let me feel freezing. :D

Even this is a German Forum, I hope to see some more results of you Work-Bench Time in the future! :TOP:

Cheers

Tim

Jeti-Lars

Jeti-Lars

Fluglehrer
Hi Mike,

well done. i like the Ferrari sticker :)

cheers from Tx.

Starfighter

Starfighter

Alien
Mike, this is one beautiful Warthog! I already saw it on Hyperscale and I have to admit that the result is simply stunning. Is the scheme fictional?
By the way, I think next time you should try to upload the photos to the forum (1 pic per post) instead of using links in order to avoid that the photos disappear in the future.

Prowler

Testpilot
The Hog looks really fine!
And yes,more of these models!
:TD:

Scratch

Scratch

Space Cadet
Hi Mike!
Congrats to you. Your A-10A looks really nice and you did an awesome paintjob!

Greatings,
Stephan

AARDVARK

AARDVARK

Space Cadet
Nice Kit, great Job your one and only Twoseater!

wernerair

wernerair

Astronaut
Hallo.
Ich schreibe mal weiterhin in meiner Muttersprache. Zum einem weil ich kein englisch kann. Zum anderen weil unser FF ein deutsches Forum ist.

Alle Achtung. Ein schöner Vogel. Viele Details, klasse Alterung und das Tarnschema - erste Sahne.

Und genau das macht mir Sorgen. Gibt es mal ein Foto des Orginals? So wie ich das mitbekommen habe, haben auch andere damit ein Problem. Der einzigste Doppelsitzer (soweit ich weiß) in einer Wintertarnung? Und dann noch mit scharfer Munition? Von dem Ding gibts`doch meist nur Bilder auf denen ein runtergewirtschafteter komplett-grauer Anstrich zu sehen ist, oder im Museum.

Also ohne Zweifel, ein tolles Modell. Aber ein kleines bischen an der Realität vorbei. Oder...?
MfG Gerald.

Mike1975

Mike1975

Fluglehrer
Mike, this is one beautiful Warthog! I already saw it on Hyperscale and I have to admit that the result is simply stunning. Is the scheme fictional?
By the way, I think next time you should try to upload the photos to the forum (1 pic per post) instead of using links in order to avoid that the photos disappear in the future.
Thank you for your kind words. Next time I will sure to do 1 photo per post. In fact, I have few more that I can post. So, it will be as you suggested. As for a the Arctic scheme...it was a real deal back in the 1980s. Found an USAF link that gave little history as well...http://www.eielson.af.mil/photos/media_view.asp?id=146326 So, the only thing is fiction here is my A-10 2 seater because there was no such plane. The only A-10A N/AW ever created was the prototype made for 1st A-10. The USAF declined the project and thus on 2 seater. So, that's the only fiction part of my build.

Also, found few extra shots that were shared by other modelers here in the states...

Of course, the photograph credit goes to USAF.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Mike1975

Mike1975

Fluglehrer
Lars, thanks for noticing that. There is a small story behind it. A good friend of mine use to fly A-10 back when they just introduced to the USAF and he told me that he liked sports care while he was flying and Ferrari was his favorite car, however, he could not afford one on Captains pay. So, his crew chief played a joke and stuck a Ferrari sticker on the ladder door of the Hog he was flying. That was the closest he got to owning a Ferrari. Well, I took that story little further and stuck a Ferrari sticker on my hog cause I can't afford a Ferrari as well. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Mike1975

Mike1975

Fluglehrer
Gerald hat aus meiner Sicht alles gesagt. Rein vom Modell und von der Lackierung gefällt mir das Ding richtig gut. :TOP:
Aber ist's nun ein Fantasieanstrich oder ein real so geflogener Anstrich, da hab ich auch meine Zweifel, was aber das Modell in keiner Weise schlecht da stehen lässt.

Ich werde mal in einem amerikanischen Forum ein Modell auf deutsch präsentieren, ich glaube das kommt gut. :D
Tucano, Thank you kind for your kind words. As for presenting a model in English forum in German, why not? Hey, that's what google translator is for. That's how I get around this stie. Beside, like they say, a good photograph is worth a 1000 words. So, why not let photographs do the most talking ;)

Gerald, thank you so much for the comments my friend. It sure mean a lot coming from a master of models. I've seen your Mig-29 and I have drolled over it every since you finished it. In fact, I had to get a new keyboard...lol

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Mike1975

Mike1975

Fluglehrer
Verlinden cockpit was used since that's the only game in town. Although, it's not 100% accurate but it sure beats the alternative.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Mike1975

Mike1975

Fluglehrer
The main squadron marking were created by me. It was my first try and I'm well pleased with the result. :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Mike1975

Mike1975

Fluglehrer
All of the RBF (Remove Before Flight) flags are out of tamiya F-15 kit. They are good but I think next time around I'll try the Eduard phot-etch set.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thema:

A-10A N/AW Warthog "Ugly but well hung"

A-10A N/AW Warthog "Ugly but well hung" - Ähnliche Themen

• WB2023RO OV-10A Bronco der NASA , F-Toys, 1:144

WB2023RO OV-10A Bronco der NASA , F-Toys, 1:144: Rollout meiner OV-10A Bronco der NASA in 1:144. Den Baubericht gibt es hier...
  • WB2023BB OV-10A Bronco der NASA , F-Toys, 1:144

WB2023BB OV-10A Bronco der NASA , F-Toys, 1:144: Die allermeisten Flugzeug-Gashapons in 1:144 sind Militärmaschinen. Dieses Modell ist aus der Wing Kit Collection VS12 von F-Toys. Es ist kein...
  • WB2020RO Canadian Vickers OA-10A von Revell in 1:48

WB2020RO Canadian Vickers OA-10A von Revell in 1:48: So, nun folgt auch endlich der Rollout meiner Catalina. Die Arbeiten hierzu hatte ich ja bereits schon Anfang September beendet. Da es sich aber...
  • Canadian Vickers A-10A Catalina in 1:48 von Revell

Canadian Vickers A-10A Catalina in 1:48 von Revell: Also, ich habe auch bereits schon mal angefangen und will rasch zusammenfassen, was bereits geschehen ist. Ich habe den Revell 04507 erworben...
  • Monogram A-10A (81 TFW, Detachment Ahlhorn)

Monogram A-10A (81 TFW, Detachment Ahlhorn): Hier kommt eine A-10A Warzenschwein wire ich sie in der ersten Hälfte der 1980er Jahre immer wieder über unserer Region (Osnabrücker Landkreis) im...