Bf 109K-4 W.Nr 330225 (235?), FM 1:72

Diskutiere Bf 109K-4 W.Nr 330225 (235?), FM 1:72 im Props bis 1/72 Forum im Bereich Bauberichte online; Hello! This is the first building post here for me. The subject is the 1/72 Fine Molds Bf 109K-4 from Operation Bodenplatte which I am changing to...
speedgraflex

speedgraflex

Berufspilot

Hello! This is the first building post here for me. The subject is the 1/72 Fine Molds Bf 109K-4 from Operation Bodenplatte which I am changing to White 1, possibly flown by Hptm. Franz Menzel, CO, 9./JG77 using some aftermarket by Eduard and scratchbuilding as well. I am anxious to pay attention to the changes within the camouflage scheme, and I will need assistance, if possible. For the image above the aircraft is mostly mocked up with PVA glue so I may understand more about the fit. The cockpit is a hybrid of FM and Eduard pieces.

speedgraflex

speedgraflex

Berufspilot
Below is the same fuselage with an initial application of RLM 76 for the cowling. I have removed the cockpit pieces to avoid painting them. The cockpit I will drop in place when the painting is done.

This is the closest I am able to come to a comparison between my profile choice and the initial application of color.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
bolleken96

bolleken96

Astronaut
Great start here with wonderful photos.
I will follow your work in progress...

lutz_manne

lutz_manne

Alien
Nice work. Please notice the rules of the board. No swastikas are allowed, by German law.

Here you can see a K-4 seat... the lower part is wooden. Your photos show the Bf 109 G seat.

The shown seat got original parts and was restored by Arsenal45.

Btw, nice details for 1/72!!

Anhang anzeigen
speedgraflex

speedgraflex

Berufspilot
Nice work. Please notice the rules of the board. No swastikas are allowed, by German law.

Here you can see a K-4 seat... the lower part is wooden. Your photos show the Bf 109 G seat.

The shown seat got original parts and was restored by Arsenal45.

Btw, nice details for 1/72!!

Thank you for reminding me of the rules. I’m so sorry and I have taken down the image and will replace as soon as possible. Again, my apologies for making this mistake.

Thank you so much for the seat correction for the K-4. That’s really important to me to get as correct as possible.

Thank you as well for your words on these details. They are greatly appreciated!

speedgraflex

speedgraflex

Berufspilot

A few minutes ago I primed a few parts that will be used to finish the cowling. I use Mr Surfacer 1500 Black to create a slightly oily finish from the get go. One aspect of the kit I am trying to watch closely are small areas of flash. Again, as with the front air scoop corner I missed one section of flash and had to remove this after painting. What I am learning from the kit is to be more careful as a modeler, in other words.

I assume the “wisps” are pieces of flash, but I will leave these be for a moment of research and to ask anyone reading if these should be removed?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
lutz_manne

lutz_manne

Alien
Remove them. Look here... the G-6 is in this case nearly the same like the K-4.

And notice... the length of the gun barrels is for the MG 131, used since the G-5/G-6 version as replacement for the former used MG 17, the same. The muzzles are at the same level. It looks like it is wrong on your model kit.

MG131 (from the G5/G-6 version)

MG17 (up to the G-4 version)

Sources: Bf 109 handbooks

Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen
speedgraflex

speedgraflex

Berufspilot
Thank you so much for the link as well as the embedded photographs. Sincerely. Thank you, lutz_manne! Each of your source photographs Is very revealing of the extraordinary details of the working engine straight from the factory floor. Absolutely incredible details of finish. I’m grateful.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
speedgraflex

speedgraflex

Berufspilot

Mea Culpa! These are the special sprues assigned to create the K-4 in the kit. I did not even open the bag until I realized what lutz_manne meant by drawing a straight red line through the first photograph he posted! Apologies to all for my mistake.

speedgraflex

speedgraflex

Berufspilot
Also I was having difficulties establishing the white spiral due to a raised piece left over from the sprue clipping. I removed the spiral with the determined spirit to improve! Now I have gently primed the hub and I have sanded these rough sections away.

somvet0815

somvet0815

Space Cadet
Hi speedgraflex,

nice build so far! It's very interesting for me too, because I want to build the same K-4. The reason why, well , I was born and grew up from 1971 to 1990 in Neuruppin. I lived not far away the airfield. So I was infected early in my life with the virus of aviation.

speedgraflex

speedgraflex

Berufspilot
somvet0815 and lutz_manne,

Thank you both so much for your replies. Your comments are most welcome to me.
Let me introduce myself; I’m Bruce. Nice to meet you both here!

Thank you for your corrections, lutz_manne. I am grateful to learn more to correct my abundant mistakes. I sincerely appreciate learning, and frankly coming to this forum has made my attempt at modeling the K-4 much more vital within me. This comes from the connections being made through your explanations and corrections in this case. I am very grateful.

Here are some photos of White 1 of 9./JG77 that I was able to find on the internet. Note the high demarcation line between the upper camo and lower camo colors which I believe is characteristic of the WNr 330xxx batch of K-4's. Also note the absence of the outer wheel well doors on this particular aircraft.

somvet0815

somvet0815

Space Cadet
The first picture is well known by me. I have a book called "Der Militärflugplatz Neuruppin 1916 - 1991" written by Uwe-Rolf Hinze, an old good friend of mine. There are two another pictures with K-4`s. I will ask him, if I can post the pictures here. In the new "Luftwaffe im Focus" No 29 you can find a picture and a color profile of another K-4 (red 3) in Neuruppin.
... and you're welcome.

speedgraflex

speedgraflex

Berufspilot
Thank you so much for the information, somvet0815; your thoughts are greatly appreciated and will be followed closely. I am looking forward to learning more from your research and important connections to the region. Having approached the subject from afar in terms of distance, it is extremely important for me to learn from those with much more complete knowledge such as yourself.

I tend to try for custom color mixes as the aircraft in particular offers snapshots of the various methods employed, so I look forward to seeing any color photo reference.

bolleken96

bolleken96

Astronaut
Bruce it is so cool to see you here at the Flufzeugforum. Hope that you once will have access to the competition section as I know that you are highly interested in the models there.
I think guys like @lutz_manne can support you in that specific topic much better than me. Enjoy your journey here.

Thema:

Bf 109K-4 W.Nr 330225 (235?), FM 1:72

Bf 109K-4 W.Nr 330225 (235?), FM 1:72 - Ähnliche Themen

• Hispano Aviación HA-1109K-1L

Hispano Aviación HA-1109K-1L: Heute möchte ich mein Modell der HA-1109K-1L von Amodel vorstellen. Der Bausatz hat mich positiv überrascht, war für Amodel Verhältnisse ein...
  • 1/72 Fine Molds Messerschmitt Bf-109K4 "Grüne 4"

1/72 Fine Molds Messerschmitt Bf-109K4 "Grüne 4": Guten Tag, liebes Forum, eine weitere Bf-109 aus meiner Werkstatt, diesmal das Fine Molds Modell der K4. Dargestellt ist die "Grüne 4" des JG52...
  • Bf 109K-4 Hermann Graf

Bf 109K-4 Hermann Graf: Hallo, Haette eine Frage betreffs der Kurfuerst von Hermann Graf. Bin dabei mit einem Modell im Massstab 1/48 und bin mir nicht im Klaren ueber...
  • Bf 109K-4 Hermann Graf

Bf 109K-4 Hermann Graf: Hallo, Ich hoffe dass ich hier an der richtigen Stelle bin. Haette eine Frage betreffs der Kurfuerst von Hermann Graf. Bin dabei mit einem Modell...
  • Bf-109K4 "Graf"

Bf-109K4 "Graf": Hallo Freunde, Bin dabei mit meiner "Kurfuerstin 4" (1/48) und habe mir einen Decalbogen von EagleCal besorgt. Ich finde die rote Tulpennase...