MiG-29A, #661, LSK-NVA (1/72, Trumpeter)

Diskutiere MiG-29A, #661, LSK-NVA (1/72, Trumpeter) im Jets bis 1/72 Forum im Bereich Bauberichte online; Hello gentlemen, I have a new project on my workbench and this is probably the best place to share pictures from the progress. I am planning to...
David Lengyel

David Lengyel

Kunstflieger
Hello gentlemen,

I have a new project on my workbench and this is probably the best place to share pictures from the progress. I am planning to correct some issues of the Trumpeter kit, but not the most obvious. I will use Eduard brassin sets for wheels, cockpit, nozzles and weapons. I will also use their PE parts as well as some custom designed. I also ordered correct roundels from Tom-Modellbau. I want to build airframe with tactical number 661, which is the only one I've seen with missiles. I am welcoming all advices and pictures from the short era LSK-NVA operated their last eagle.

Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen
F-16

F-16

Space Cadet
late in the evening only b&w films available at the drug store...

:biggrin:

fightingfalcon

fightingfalcon

Space Cadet
Hello David

Your MIG-29 is looking very promising!

Photographs of the 661 are quite rare. During the last days of operation, I had the opportunity to shoot some MiG-29 of the NVA, but unfortunately not the 661.

You may contact the photographer of your first posting via PM, if he had photographed the plane from other angles too. He is Phantomphreakde here in the FF.

Good luck with your project!

Greetings

Christian

David Lengyel

David Lengyel

Kunstflieger
You may contact the photographer of your first posting via PM, if he had photographed the plane from other angles too. He is Phantomphreakde here in the FF.
Hi Christian!

Thanks for the help with reference picture. I already wrote a PM to Phantomphreakde, let's hope for the best results. In regards of MiG-29, it's just a start, so far I am investigating how can I improve the kit and I hope I won't disappoint local fans.

Kind regards,
David

David Lengyel

David Lengyel

Kunstflieger
What's up everybody?

I'm back with the new photos. I've relocated with my family and have my own work bench in the new apartment. Here's what I've done recently:
  • Removed auxiliary intake (to be replaced with Attack Squadron closed auxiliaries)
  • Removed gun muzzle and vents
  • Opened a service hatch under left LERX
  • Adjusted the length of the main gear in order to ensure correct posture of the aircraft
  • Added some details to the nose gear

I will take a small break now. Bis bald!

David

Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen
David Lengyel

David Lengyel

Kunstflieger
Guten abend!

I've done some more detail work on the MiG-29. I've replaced some grills and vents with PE parts of my own design. It will require A LOT of repair works. I need to build up a morale for such task, so I took a detour and painted the Eduard resin nozzles.

Till next time!

David

Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen
David Lengyel

David Lengyel

Kunstflieger
Hello gentlemen!

I'm back with an update. I was able to seal the fuselage after ten months of work, which marks the step #2 in the instructions. I've also added nose with protection for the pitot tube, beaver tail and tail fins. Burner cans are already built in waiting for the nozzles. I've also added muzzle cover plate and some minor interior details such as boundary layer bleed air vent aft the auxiliary intakes.

I hope you like the progress so far. I am about to apply primer and hope it won't reveal any major errors.

Till next time!

David

Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen

mg218

Space Cadet
Normally main intakes are open.

David Lengyel

David Lengyel

Kunstflieger
Normally main intakes are open.
The intakes will have covers. There was no way to make them look good, even with Eduard rubbish PE parts.

Here's the MiG in black :)

There are some blemishes that needs to be taken out before painting.

Till next time :)

David

Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen
David Lengyel

David Lengyel

Kunstflieger
Guten Abend!

Camouflage reconstructed from available photos (thanks Ingo!). I was struggling with proper colors and freehand airbrush, but finally managed to this stage - stencils!

I hope there won't be some super plan picture of this airframe as soon as I finish the decals, haha.

Bis bald!

David

Anhang anzeigen
David Lengyel

David Lengyel

Kunstflieger
Moin Moin meine Freunde,

here's a quick snapshot from my phone. Decals took three days and as a bonus I had a little gloss varnish sanding session. Now I am in the middle of panel line wash stage. Underside is pretty much done and I am working on the topside. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope it's not a train, haha.

Bis bald!

David

Anhang anzeigen
Basepohl

Basepohl

Space Cadet
Hi Dave,

the Fulcrum looks great:-) Do you already have pictures from the top?
Please note: The aircraft were not in this livery for a long time - please do not spill the great bird too much. So far a great construction.

greetings David

fightingfalcon

fightingfalcon

Space Cadet
Wow, what a nice MIG-29! I would like to see this beauty at an expo in the not so far future :hello:

You Czech modellers seem to be fitted with special genes for superdetailing and nice finishes!

Thema:

MiG-29A, #661, LSK-NVA (1/72, Trumpeter)

MiG-29A, #661, LSK-NVA (1/72, Trumpeter) - Ähnliche Themen

• MiG-29A (9.12) "rote 114" polnische Luftwaffe, Trumpeter 1:72

MiG-29A (9.12) "rote 114" polnische Luftwaffe, Trumpeter 1:72: Hallo zusammen Schon vor längerer Zeit angefangen, habe ich jetzt meine MiG-29 fertig gestellt. Gebaut habe ich die "rote 114" der polnischen...
  • 1/32 MiG-29A Fulcrum, TRU, Russian Navy

1/32 MiG-29A Fulcrum, TRU, Russian Navy: Hallo Kollegen, so, in der aktuellen Lage habe ich endlich mal Zeit gefunden die Bilder meines letzten Rollouts zu bearbeiten. Die Fertigstellung...
  • MiG-29A (1/72, Trumpeter)

MiG-29A (1/72, Trumpeter): Moin moin! I have finished the Trumpeter's kit with some additions from Eduard, Aires, Master and myself. Used Tom Modellbau, HAD and Luboš...
  • 1/32 MIG-29A – Trumpeter / Revell Vergleich

1/32 MIG-29A – Trumpeter / Revell Vergleich: Ich war mal wieder für das Kitchecker Journal tätig und habe einen großen Vergleichstest zwischen der kürzlich erschienenen Trumpeter MIG-29A und...
  • MiG-29A RSBN-Antenne

MiG-29A RSBN-Antenne: Bei der 21bis SAU, 23, 27 waren vorne und hinten RSBN-Antennen. Bei den meisten 29 nur hinten (ich weiß, es gibt Ausnahmen). Frage: wo war die...