Wanted: J-79-GE11A jet engine

Diskutiere Wanted: J-79-GE11A jet engine im Luftfahrzeugtechnik u. Ausrüstung Forum im Bereich Grundlagen, Navigation u. Technik; My name is Theo Rombout and I am a member of Historical Fighters Volkel, the Netherlands. Historical Fighters Volkel is a workgroup within the...
T-O

T-O

Sportflieger
My name is Theo Rombout and I am a member of Historical Fighters Volkel, the Netherlands. Historical Fighters Volkel is a workgroup within the Airforce of (former) airforce members. Our mission is to make a Royal Netherlands Air Force F-104G Starfighter, D-8114, airworthy.
We would like to acquire a type Generic Electric J79 GE11A engine.

Do you own such an engine that you would like to donate or sell? You would help us enormously.
Or do you have knowledge of others who have an engine?

Awaiting your reply with kind regards;

Theo Rombout
E: theo.rombout@gmail.com
W: Historical Fighters: keeping Dutch fighter jet history alive

AARDVARK

AARDVARK

Space Cadet
Good Luck :)

rechlin-lärz

Space Cadet
My name is Theo Rombout and I am a member of Historical Fighters Volkel, the Netherlands. Historical Fighters Volkel is a workgroup within the Airforce of (former) airforce members. Our mission is to make a Royal Netherlands Air Force F-104G Starfighter, D-8114, airworthy.
We would like to acquire a type Generic Electric J79 GE11A engine.

Do you own such an engine that you would like to donate or sell? You would help us enormously.
Or do you have knowledge of others who have an engine?

Awaiting your reply with kind regards;

Theo Rombout
E: theo.rombout@gmail.com
W: Historical Fighters: keeping Dutch fighter jet history alive

You're Looking for an J-79 engine to make it airworthy?

Did the Netherlands airforce use the same Version of J-79 like germay air force?

In Germayny there are laws, which prohibit the ownership of Military engines, especially Jet engines for fighter Aircraft. Privately owned engines have to be demilitarized.
So I would focuse on the airforce training facilities such as Kaufbeuren airbase or Fassberg airbase. Furthermore there exist in my opinion at least two or three F-104G, which have been hold in running (not airworthy) condition up to 2000?. Two of them should be located at Manching Airport, owner are Airbus? or the airforce flight test Center?
I've heard of a third F-104G based at Büchel Airbase Training Group (tact. fighter-bomber Squadron 33)
Maybe there are members of the FF who know about contact persons?

it's probably the best to get directly in touch with the People on-site.

For F-104 spare parts contact;

- the (abovementioned) Aircraft Museum Wernigerode
- the F-104 Starfighter Museum (www.f-104.de)
- Company called classic-jetparts (www.classic-jetparts.de) - don't think that you'll be successful with a telephone call: the owner doesn't know About the parts she owns. Just plan a minimun two or three day visit on site.

Good luck!

rechlin-lärz

done_deal

done_deal

Space Cadet
The TaktLwG33 Büchel did engine runs during the apprentice training until late 90s. Since than, no run ups or starts performed.
They still have two 104s. One stored outside, the other one in the hangar for training use.

Thema:

Wanted: J-79-GE11A jet engine

Wanted: J-79-GE11A jet engine - Ähnliche Themen

• Fujimi wanted

Fujimi wanted: Was ist eigentlich aus dem Modellbauproduzenten Fujimi geworden? :confused: Einst war dies einer meiner Top-Modellbausatz-Hersteller. Ich...
  • Wanted: Decals für F-104G

Wanted: Decals für F-104G: Für ein Modellbauprojekt suche ich den Decalbogen VPD 48003 von Victory-Productions, mit dem sich jede One-O-Four der Luftwaffe und Marineflieger...
  • WANTED! Bilder von Sea King Mk. 50A

WANTED! Bilder von Sea King Mk. 50A: Hallo Leute! Ich habe zwar schon diverse Bilder runter geladen und Kontakt nach Australien aufgenommen, doch sind mir natürlich weitere Bilder...
  • wanted: VIDEO - LSK/LV NVA???

wanted: VIDEO - LSK/LV NVA???: hallo alle, wer kann tip geben: hab auf diesjähriger ILA an einem verkaufsstand kurz ein video in der hand gehabt über die fliegerstreitkräfte...