info about this 'remove before flight' tag?

Diskutiere info about this 'remove before flight' tag? im Jets Forum im Bereich Luftfahrzeuge; Hi! Sorry for posting in English :) Hope it is ok. I figured this would be the best place to get information. I bought this 'remove before...
st4rfighter

st4rfighter

Flugschüler
Hi! Sorry for posting in English :) Hope it is ok. I figured this would be the best place to get information.

I bought this 'remove before flight' tag from the Luftwaffe museum in Berlin. From the wear and tear on it, and the information printed on the back, I assume it's authentic and has been in actual use with the Luftwaffe. I found this forum by googling one of the codes and it led me to someone's post here saying they also have a tag with this code (AFG010549) and it means it's from an F-4 Phantom? Is this true?

I will write out the text on the back just in case it's hard to read:
Autoflug GmbH & Co.
AUTOFLUG D-25402 Rellingen/Germany
P/N: AFG010549
NSN: 8345-12-195-0997
MFD: 07/00

Is there any other information that can be gleaned from the codes, or simply the appearance of the tag? It is 66cm long and 7.5cm wide. I am very curious to find out anything I can about the history or specific usage of this tag... or to find out if maybe it's actually just a reproduction made for sale as a souvenir at museum shops :P 35 euros seems like crazy cheap for something as cool as this.

Thank you for your help!!

Anhang anzeigen Anhang anzeigen
Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Phalc

Testpilot
Can't help much, only one hint: the five digit zip codes (25402 Rellingen) were introduces in 1993. If it were older, it'd be a four digit zip code.

mg218

Space Cadet
I guess it's not PIN, it's P/N for Part Number.
Therefore AFG could be for Autoflug.
MFD is Manufacturing Date.
NSN is NATO Stock Number or National Stock Number.

st4rfighter

st4rfighter

Flugschüler
I guess it's not PIN, it's P/N for Part Number.
Therefore AFG could be for Autoflug.
MFD is Manufacturing Date.
NSN is NATO Stock Number or National Stock Number.
OH you are totally right, thank you!
I will try googling some more :)

Can't help much, only one hint: the five digit zip codes (25402 Rellingen) were introduces in 1993. If it were older, it'd be a four digit zip code.
thanks! since MFD means manufacturing date that would put it in july 2000 then....

Zuschauer

Testpilot
You may find some informations here:
(try deepl.com or an other online translator)

It's about a Phantom one, also from Autoflug. There it is from the brake chute which autoflug also made for the tornado and eurofighter.

There are also some offers on ebay (and other plattforms) with autoflug RBFs from different times and aircrafts.

mfg

HoHun

HoHun

Space Cadet
Hi,

I bought this 'remove before flight' tag from the Luftwaffe museum in Berlin. From the wear and tear on it, and the information printed on the back, I assume it's authentic and has been in actual use with the Luftwaffe.
Here's a current view of the Autoflug factory: Autoflug GmbH · Industriestraße 10, 25462 Rellingen

The gradual deterioration of the tag's white print towards the free end does indeed look as if it's been in regular use at least for a while.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Thema:

info about this 'remove before flight' tag?

info about this 'remove before flight' tag? - Ähnliche Themen

• Informationen zur Soyuz / Mission "Meteor-M No.2-4"

Informationen zur Soyuz / Mission "Meteor-M No.2-4": Raketenstarts weltweit 2024: Alle Details und Hintergründe rund um den nächsten Soyuz 2.1a/Fregat-M Start (msn.com) bringt etwas Grundwissen
  • Suche Informationen JU-88 A-5 Abstürzen

Suche Informationen JU-88 A-5 Abstürzen: Hallo, ich suche Informationen zu den Abstürzen der folgenden beiden JU-88: WNr. 8250 (II./LG1, Start in Eleusis) crashed 1km NNW of Elaia/GR...
  • Bell UH 1Y , Infos zur Unterseite gesucht

Bell UH 1Y , Infos zur Unterseite gesucht: Hallo, jetzt benötige ich auch mal etwas Schwarmwissen von Euch. Bin gerade dabei eine Bell Uh 1Y von Dream Model in 1:72 zu bauen. Beim Sichten...
  • Infos und Bilder zur Piper J-3 NC38601 gesucht

Infos und Bilder zur Piper J-3 NC38601 gesucht: Hallo, kennt jemand Informationen oder Bilder über die: Piper J-3, NC38601, n/c 7132 Hier habe ich sie gefunden, Eigentümer Roper Aircraft...
  • Resin gießen. Brauche Hilfe/Info

Resin gießen. Brauche Hilfe/Info: Moin zusammen, ich habe einen gebrauchten Bausatz gekauft und festgestellt das ein Innenteil des Seitenruders fehlt. Ich besitze aber noch einen...